Tribes: Ascend is a new generation of AAA free online multiplayer shooter, incorporating classic Tribes elements such as fast-paced jetpack enabled combat, skiing, and vehicles, combined with teamwork and strategy, with servers currently located across North America, Europe, and Australia.
This week, the professional e-Sports North American Star League (NASL) celebrates the Open Beta of Tribes: Ascend by airing the first exhibition matches for NASL Season 3.
- The first night of Tribes: Ascend streaming will be Wednesday 2/29 at 8pm PST / 11pm EST
- Night two will begin after Starcraft II, Thursday 3/1 at 8pm PST / 11pm EST.
This week’s matches feature top European and North American teams, shoutcasted from the NASL studio.
"Tribes: Ascend is a very fast-paced, skill-based shooter," says Todd Harris, Hi-Rez Studios COO. "We prioritized spectator mode early in Beta to support the competitive community. This week’s NASL broadcast is really the kick-off of Tribes: Ascend as an eSport. These team rosters include some of the world’s best Tribes players and we look forward to intense games."
Now in Open Beta, Tribes: Ascend has already seen:
- Over 350,000 accounts created
- Active servers supporting growing communities in North America, Europe, Australia, Brazil and Asia
- Over 200 competitive scrimmage matches, with over 30 teams representing more than 10 countries, leading up to this week’s NASL broadcast.
We are excited to add truly compelling FPS content to our eSports lineup," says Russel Pfister, North American Star League CEO. "Already broadcasting exciting content five nights a week, NASL is looking forward to showcasing Tribes: Ascend as an eSport with the high quality production NASL is known for and that this epic title deserves."
Anyone interested in trying Tribes: Ascend can create an account and download the game, without the need for a beta key.
In advance of Open Beta, a significant patch this week will include:
- New gametype, Arena Deathmatch, with two initial maps
- New Capture The Flag map, Temple Ruins
- New Team Deathmatch map, Inferno
- Two new unlockable items for the Soldier class: Proximity Grenade and Utility Pack
- New default suits for Doombringer and Brute
- Ability to view either Blood Eagle or Diamond Sword skins from Class menu
- Service supporting Name Change
- Large number of bug-fixes and balance adjustments.
More articles about Tribes: Ascend