Microsoft Flight approaches the virtual flight genre from the ground up, with the focus on the universal appeal of the experience of Flight. The simplicity of Microsoft Flight perfectly captures that vision while welcoming the millions of existing Flight Simulator fans. The new “Microsoft Flight” retains the full fidelity simulation longtime fans have come to expect while offering all players a whole new look and feel, a wide range of new game play and challenges, persistent experiences and social connectivity.
Whether players want to fly freely or choose to master real instruments and controls, “Microsoft Flight” is easy for a beginner while challenging for the most accomplished PC pilots. The game immerses players in the flying experience with realistic graphics and accurate physics, and will continually evolve with new terrain, aircraft and challenges that can be downloaded via expansion packs.
“Microsoft Flight” will be available as a free download this spring, giving players the freedom to fly the skies over the beautiful Big Island of Hawaii, complete a variety of exciting missions, test their skills in flying challenges, or find hidden aerocaches on the island.
In “Microsoft Flight,” players view the world from above in a visually stunning and realistic representation of the earth, complete with region-specific weather patterns, foliage, terrain and landmarks. Players can choose to take the helm using highly rendered, accurate cockpits and authentic piloting procedures, or simply use their mouse and keyboard to control the plane in an exterior view. More experienced players can tailor the flight controls to match their skill level, making “Microsoft Flight” easy for beginners while still challenging for the most accomplished PC pilots.
After downloading “Microsoft Flight” for free, players can jump into hours of exciting gameplay on the Big Island of Hawaii.
In addition, players who sign in to their Games for Windows – LIVE account automatically receive additional free content, including the legendary Boeing Stearman plane, supplementary missions, and access to Achievements and an Online Pilot Profile. Those looking to deepen their experience can purchase and download additional content that adds new aircraft, regions and customization options. The frequently released new content for “Microsoft Flight” includes daily aerocache challenges and updates that make every flight unique and fun.
In addition to exploring the Big Island of Hawaii for free, fans can unlock access to the skies over the remaining Hawaiian Islands by purchasing the Hawaiian Adventure Pack, the first in a series of expansions For “Microsoft Flight.” The entire island chain offers hundreds of miles to explore and includes stunning recreations of landmark features, from the breathtaking Waimea Canyon in Kaua’i to the high-rise hotels of Waikīkī. The Hawaiian Adventure pack includes new challenges and over 20 new missions that will test a player’s skill. It also includes the Vans RV-6A, a two-seat, single-engine, low-wing homebuilt airplane made famous for its speed and maneuverability.
Players who sign in to “Microsoft Flight” using their Games for Windows – LIVE account will have the ability to purchase additional content for the game, including two new planes that offer entirely different flying experiences:
- The Maule M-7-260C is a rugged utility aircraft that is especially adept at handling take-offs and landings on rough, unprepared surfaces. Players can find out what makes the Maule the plane of choice for adventurous bush pilots by trying tricky landing challenges that push the aircraft’s ability to land on rough airstrips. They can enter the Maule’s beautifully recreated cockpit and take the controls to transport people and cargo to complete jobs and advance their pilot career.
- The North American P-51 Mustang is a historical fighter plane with strong performance characteristics, maneuverability and sharp looks. Stripped of guns and some weight, this version represents a restored Mustang that might be found at airshows today. The Mustang’s superb agility makes it a great option to choose to complete hoops courses and master many other skilled challenges and missions found in the game.
- You’re at the Controls. “Microsoft Flight” offers hours of exciting gameplay for free with the initial download. Set the pace by choosing to turn on flight aids or use the cockpit controls to perform authentic piloting procedures. Choose how to play, whether it’s completing missions, finishing challenges, exploring the sky or finding aerocaches. Players looking to deepen their experience can download additional packs that add new aircraft, regions and customization options. As a player’s experience grows, so too does “Microsoft Flight,” with frequently released new content like daily aerocache challenges and regular mission updates designed to keep the experience fresh.
- If You Can Use a Mouse, You Can Fly. With “Microsoft Flight,” players can jump into the challenge and fun of flying with no special hardware or past experience. At the push of a button players can see all available missions, be transported to specific locations, view the airplanes in their hangar, or track and share accomplishments. After a brief tutorial, they’ll be soaring past the lush, breathtaking cliffs of the historic Waipio Valley or witnessing the vast crevices of the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park with a view from above.
- Stunning Realism. “Microsoft Flight” features a visually stunning and realistic representation of the earth with region-specific weather patterns, foliage and terrain, landmarks and flight physics. Players can explore the world in highly rendered, accurate cockpits of airplanes, or fly with a view of the airplane from the outside.
- Dual Core Processor 2.0 GHz
- 256MB graphics card, DirectX 9.0c compliant
- 10GB hard drive space
- WinXP SP3 or newer
- 2GB RAM
- Dual Core Processor 3.0 GHz
- 1024MB graphics card: ATI Radeon HD 5670 or nVidia GeForce 9800T or equivalent
- 30 GB hard drive space
- Windows 7 SP1 64-bit
- 6GB Ram
More articles about Microsoft Flight