Focused on creating a fun and safe online environment for kids and families, Clone Wars Adventures offers exciting minigames, dynamic activities, lively social events and thousands of customization options. Players can even battle it out with friends alongside iconic Star Wars characters like Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, and Ahsoka Tano.
With Clone Wars Adventures a new generation of Star Wars fans can become the next great hero of the Republic and take their rightful place alongside the Jedi, Padawan and Clone Troopers. Players can speed through space in a starfighter, take out waves of battle droids in Tower Defense or test their brains with challenging Droid Programming puzzles. Players can also purchase legendary Star Wars outfits, items and accessories through micro-transactions using Station Cash, SOE’s virtual currency.
"Clone Wars Adventures is one of our original free-to-play games and it continues to demonstrate the success of the free-to-play business model," said John Smedley, President of Sony Online Entertainment. "Surpassing 10 million registered players so quickly is an extraordinary achievement and we have no intention of slowing down. Our goal is to continue to create an immersive environment that captures the essence of Star Wars, and we remain committed to further amplifying the Star Wars experience for all of our 10 million-plus registered players."
Since the game's launch less than two years ago, Clone Wars Adventures has steadily increased its player base; reaching eight million registered users in one year and continuing to grow. Additionally, Clone Wars Adventures has released a variety of content to maintain its connection with the animated television series, including the summer game series Mission on Iceberg Three, mini-game Aquatic Assault and combat environment Battle of Umbara.
"Clone Wars Adventures does an exceptional job of integrating the storylines from 'Star Wars: The Clone Wars,'" said Mary Bihr, VP of Global Publishing at LucasArts. "This unmistakable bond between the animated series and Clone Wars Adventures provides fans an amazing opportunity to actually be a part of the galactic conflict and is an instrumental factor in acquiring such remarkable registration numbers."
With more than 10 million registered players in the galaxy, Clone Wars Adventures has seen:
- 584 stages of game play (including challenges and multiplayer) for players to enjoy
- 96 trophies for players to earn
- The most popular mini-games in order:
- Republic Defender
- Galactic Forces
- Lightsaber™ Dueling
- The most popular character to battle in-game is the Rancor on Umbara
- Over 30 Droids™ and creatures in the game
- More than 15 titles available for players to earn
- More than 4.5 billion meters bounced by Jar Jar Binks, by all users in Stunt Gungan
- 37 Lightsabers, 36 Ranged weapons, and 18 other Wieldables in the game -- the most popular is the Rotary Blaster Cannon
- Over 1,000 items added to the game since launch
To celebrate this accomplishment, SOE will be giving an in-game Gold Death Watch Armor to each of its 10 million registered users.
Additionally, just as Darth Maul made his triumphant re-entry in season four of the television series, "Star Wars: The Clone Wars," the fan-favorite Sith Lord is making his debut in Clone Wars Adventures. Beginning on March 15, the horned villain will appear in Clone Wars Adventures in three different ways, providing players with opportunities to interact with Maul, earn a new player title, and other rewards.
- Extend the Fantasy: Kids no longer have to wait until the next exciting episode of Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated TV series to continue exploring and enjoying the Star Wars universe. With Clone Wars Adventures, kids can go online to experience exciting thrills as you duel iconic adversaries with your own custom lightsaber, speed through the galaxy in your starfighter, defeat enemies and take down starships. Adventure online to discover your destiny!
- Play Free or Upgrade: Clone Wars Adventures is a free-to-play game, but players who want to take the galactic action to the next level can purchase a monthly membership. Players can also buy cool Star Wars universe items from within the game through micro-transactions using Station Cash.
- Minigames & More: From Droid Programming to Speeder Bike Racing, Clone Wars Adventures puts you in the driver seat to experience epic action in immersive minigames that take you to your favorite locations in the galaxy. Become the proud owner of a tricked out Droid pet or throw a party in your player house - the fun is endless!
- Fun With Friends: Whether you are on adventures with old friends or competing for leaderboard status with new ones, Clone Wars Adventures is a lively virtual world that connects players in fun and safe ways. Show off your achievements in your Trophy Room, use safe chat and emoticons to express yourself and celebrate in-world events with the entire galaxy!
- Embedded Card Game: Clone Wars Adventures card battles lets players pit a variety of fun characters, creatures and vehicles from The Clone Wars television show against one another in a unique, fast-paced combat similar to the gameplay styles of traditional games such as War and Concentration.
- Kid-Friendly: Parental controls allow for the customization of safety options, including pre-canned chat and playtime settings for younger players.
Clone Wars Adventures is a free-to-play to game, but players who want to take the galactic action to the next level can purchase a monthly Membership subscription for $5.99, while a variety of epic items can also be purchased through Station Cash micro-transactions. The Clone Wars Adventures Galactic Passport is scheduled to be available at thousands of retail locations in North America and will include a 90 day membership, 500 Station Cash, the ability to unlock the Togruta playable character, a Yoda monitor topper, and more.
More articles about Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures