Children of Liberty is a classic 2D platformer with a stealthy twist. Players select one of four distinct characters and sneak their way in and around Colonial Boston, climbing buildings, hiding in shadows, knocking out Redcoats, ducking into alleyways, and living out the events surrounding the Midnight Ride of Paul Revere.
Players have various tools at their disposal depending on the character they play, including Toy Swords, Grappling Yoyos, and Smoke Bombs. COL places a heavy emphasis on stealth-based gameplay, allowing the player to hide in shadows and pop out when the time is right; meanwhile remaining true to the core of classic 2D platformers like Pitfall and Mega Man, but in a fully realized and navigatable 3D world.
COL is currently in its alpha stage, available here, and is being funded through our families, a successful Kickstarter campaign, and Paypal donations.
- Classic, fast paced, 2D platforming in a 3D environment.
- Stealth mechanics like hiding and Takedowns let you turn the tide of battle and remain unseen.
- Traditional animation for the 21st century: Beautifully rendered, high resolution, hand drawn sprites combine seamlessly with the Unity engine's real-time lighting and shadow capabilities to create an unparalleled visual aesthetic.
- Four distinct playable characters, including Joseph, a classic platforming hero with a Double Jump and a Toy Sword; Ally, a free-running gymnast with a knack for Slides, Kicks, and Wall Runs; Doug, a burly tank who's not afraid to shake the ground or Tackle Redcoats; and Sarah, an adorable but deadly Colonial Ninja.
- Meet historical figures key to the birth of America, including Samuel Adams, John Hancock, Margaret Gage, and Paul Revere.
More articles about Children of Liberty