Runes of Magic has redefined the standard for free-to-play MMORPGs in terms of gameplay, fun and quality. The online role-playing game has an exciting, multi-layered story, driven by more than 2,800 quests set in the fantasy world of Taborea. To date, Runes of Magic has attracted more than three million registered users, making it one of the most successful free-to-play titles on the market, and a must play game for all fans of RPGs and MMO games.
Runes of Magic features a unique dual class system enabling players to combine one of eight primary classes with a secondary class. The result is a deep player experience that expands upon the game’s broad customization offering. There are two different playable races, Elves and Humans, from which players can choose. Each dual class combination produces its own powerful elite skills. Another popular feature is the opportunity to furnish your own virtual home, and guilds can construct guild castles, which can be expanded with additional buildings. Thanks to comprehensive crafting and reputation systems, gripping PvP features, deep customization and demanding dungeons, Runes of Magic has something for everyone. Taiwanese developer Runewaker regularly expands the game world with new free content and challenges.
The expansion will bring new zones complete with dungeons, as well as a brand new playable dwarf race, offering players a choice between two new original arcane classes -- Sorcerer and Champion.
Chapter V: Fires of Shadowforge sees the reappearance of a race of Dwarves that has lain hidden beneath the ground of Taborea -- Shadowforge Dwarves. Bearing, curious tattoos for distinction, the Shadowforge Dwarves are close relatives of the Fireboot Dwarves and share their unique ability to manipulate dark elements to improve their mastery of blacksmithing. However, after a dispute with their dwarven brethren, they were banished below the surface of the earth to live out their existence.
While founding a new kingdom within the cave systems east of the region, the Shadowforge Dwarves spent their time channeling spiritual energy and perfecting the art of runecraft. The years spent underground out of reach of the sun, coupled with their ardent experimentation with the dark elements, have drastically altered their appearance, making their skin pale and their eyes the fieriest among their kin.
Details will be published over the coming weeks on the two new classes and their skills as well as more information on the new regions in the expansion.
Runes of Magic Features
- Dual class system with eight classes and unique elite skills
- Individual furnishing of player housing and guild castles
- In-depth story experienced through over 2,800 quests laced with epic quest-lines
- Gripping Player-versus-Player duels in arenas and on the battlefield
- Easy travel using portal stones and a wide range of mountable animals
- Challenging boss-combat in dangerous and extensive dungeons with up to 36 simultaneous player
- Entertaining mini-games offering variety to the hero’s routine
- Dynamic crafting and customization of items
- Regular comprehensive free updates with new game content
- Free-to-Play: No monthly subscription, free to download the game
Runes of Magic is free-to-play MMO, currently available worldwide.
More articles about Runes of Magic