Fans will be able to compete online for national pride and glory as their favourite European country in the UEFA EURO 2012 tournament against rival nations in the group stage, progress through the sudden victory knockout rounds, and ultimately compete for the chance to be crowned UEFA EURO 2012 champion. Plus, a live service will drive real-life story lines from the UEFA EURO 2012 qualifying campaign and during the tournament into the game, enabling fans to relive dramatic moments with challenges based on real-life matches. Challenges will enable fans to earn experience points and level up their EA Sports Football Club profile.
“This game will tap into the passion fans have for their national teams by capturing all of the national rivalries in-game, and re-creating all the emotion of the UEFA EURO 2012 tournament,” said Producer Sebastian Enrique. “We are utilizing the best-playing FIFA Soccer videogame ever, driving live, digital content created from the biggest headlines from the tournament into the game, and offering an exclusive new mode that will challenge gamers in unique and compelling ways.”
The all-new Expedition Mode designed exclusively for UEFA EURO 2012 enables fans to build, manage and compete with a customized team against other European nations, crafting the perfect strategy for European domination. Fans will choose their favourite European player or FIFA Soccer 12 Virtual Pro to captain their customized team, win matches to earn better players from defeated nations, and then defeat the best nations to earn the best players in a campaign quest to defeat all 53 countries and complete the journey to conquer Europe.
- Win UEFA EURO 2012 — Compete with any of the 53 UEFA member national teams against rival nations in the official tournament and lead them to glory. Play in all 8 official stadiums that come to life with the pageantry and festivity of the real-world tournament in Poland-Ukraine.
- Play UEFA EURO 2012 Online — Compete for national pride and glory in the UEFA EURO 2012 online tournament. Play as your favourite European nation against rivals in the group stage through the knockout rounds for the chance to be crowned UEFA EURO 2012 champion.
- EA SPORTS Football Club Challenges — A live service that drives real-world story lines into the game, enabling fans to relive moments from qualifying and the real-world tournament through scenario-based challenges. The live service will deliver challenges during UEFA EURO 2012, giving fans the chance to change history. Challenges will enable fans to earn experience points and level up their EA SPORTS Football Club profile.
- Dominate Europe – Build, manage and compete with a customized squad against other European nations in the all-new Expedition Mode. Start with your favourite European player or FIFA 12 Virtual Pro as the captain, and then craft the perfect strategy for European domination. Earn better players from defeated nations as you travel the continent to build your squad. Unlock and then defeat the best nations to earn the best players in your campaign quest to defeat all 53 countries and complete the journey to conquer Europe.
- Spectacular Presentation: UEFA EURO 2012 comes to life in spectacular fashion with all the emotion and pageantry of the official tournament, including all 8 official licensed stadia. The atmosphere comes to life with confetti cannons, streamers, flags and fireworks as if you were on the pitch in Poland or the Ukraine.
- Awarding-Winning Gameplay— UEFA EURO 2012 is an expansion to the award-winning FIFA 12. The official videogame of UEFA EURO 2012 is powered by the Player Impact Engine, and revolutionary gameplay innovations like Precision Dribbling, Tactical Defending, and Pro Player Intelligence.
UEFA EURO 2012, rated “E” for Everyone and PEGI 3+, will retail price is $19.99, 1800 MS Points and 2,500 FIFA Points on PC.
The 2012 European Football Championship begins June 8 in Poland and Ukraine.
More articles about UEFA EURO 2012