Mount & Blade is a single-player, third- or first-person action/role-playing game with a focus on medieval combat. Developed by the Turkish development house TaleWorlds Entertainment, the BETA version of the game has received acclaim worldwide by gamers impressed by everything from the realistic horseback combat to the sandbox gameplay. The latter enables players to roam the map freely in a medieval world that offers options ranging from hunting down bandits, trading for profit in the game's deep economical system and becoming a commander and taking part in the wars ultimately becoming a great lord of the realm.
Of late the dreams of battle have abandoned your slumbering mind. They fade like shadows into the dark endless night, leaving you to tremble in despair. For it has been too long since your last mortal combat.
You cannot escape the destiny of a warrior's heart. It lies beyond the distant hill, within the halls of the next castle, among the bloodied reeds of surrounding lands. Be it on foot with axe or with Mount and Blade, you are fated to fight in the lands of Calradia once more.
From occupying Calradia to the invasion of Russia, Warband fans will have a new war to look forward to this year. Paradox Interactive and Taleworlds Entertainment today announced the next DLC for popular action RPG Mount & Blade Warband. Napoleonic Wars is a multiplayer expansion pack that will take players back to the final years of Napoleon’s conquest in this massive update for the definitive open-world sandbox series.
Napoleonic Wars will support multiplayer battles of up to 250 soldiers and enables players the chance to create a character from 220 unique units available, all hailing from five different European nations. Fight battles with your tried and true sabre or utilize newly introduced artillery pieces such as cannons and rockets in this historically accurate and immersive 19th century experience like no other.
Players can partake in Napoleon’s conquest when Mount & Blade Warband: Napoleonic Wars launches later this spring.
- Accurate early 19th century weapons, uniforms and environments
- Massive multiplayer battles with up to 250 players
- 5 nations with more than 220 unique units to choose from
- A wide range of artillery pieces ranging from field cannons to mortars, capable of firing a variety of missiles such as canister, explosive shells and even rockets - all fully controllable by players
- Finely crafted game balance insuring player skill is the hero of the battlefield, not the gun or the sword
- Construct barricades, dig trenches, and rig explosives with the multi-purpose Engineer class
- Special musician units with drums, fifes, bagpipes or trumpets, able to play historically accurate tunes; all recorded and played by award winning musicians
- Lead squads of soldiers against each other in the new commander battle mode
- More than 40 classical background music tracks
More articles about Mount & Blade: Warband