Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City will take the series in a completely new direction and offer a style of gameplay yet to be seen from the franchise.
The setting of the Resident Evil universe not only provides a rich backdrop to the action but delivers a unique and thrilling triple threat battle. Zombies and Bio-Organic Weapons (B.O.W’s) add to the mix as players not only compete against an opposing squad but also tackle this third unpredictable element, creating a brand new style of gameplay and breaking the conventions of traditional team based shooters.
It is September 1998 and the action centers once more on the ill-fated Raccoon City and the horrific consequences of the deadly T-virus outbreak from the Umbrella facility. With a cover up required, Umbrella orders an elite team into Raccoon City to destroy all evidence of the outbreak and eliminate any survivors. Hearing of this plan, the US Government dispatches its own special forces to uncover any evidence that exposes the cause of the viral infection and Umbrella’s actions. Players take on the role of an Umbrella Security Services soldier (U.S.S.), competing alone or in four player co-op in a battle against all the competing forces at play in Raccoon City.
Expect the return of original Resident Evil enemies, iconic landmarks such as the Raccoon City Police Department and fan favorite characters, including Leon S. Kennedy, who as a rookie police officer in Raccoon City is on your hit list to eliminate. Players will experience a retelling of classic moments from past titles Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3 and watch the events unfolding from the menacing perspective of the Umbrella Security Service, giving fans the chance to rewrite the history of the Raccoon City outbreak.
In addition, Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City will deliver a number of competitive online multiplayer modes. Each one of these will provide a unique gaming experience thanks to the three way combat between the Umbrella Security Service, US Special Ops and threat of zombies and B.O.W’s that could only exist in the deadly and twisted Resident Evil Universe.
Only available for the Xbox 360, Nemesis Mode sees the USS compete against the Spec Ops in this thrilling and brutal eight player battle to achieve the highest score but with the twist of being able to control a terrifying Nemesis. Track down the control unit and give the Nemesis orders to destroy the opposition. Nemesis Mode will be available on the day of launch for 320 MS points.
- Team based shooter set in the dark and sinister Resident Evil universe.
- Triple threat battle as zombies and B.O.W’s add to the action.
- Compete alone in Campaign mode as an Umbrella Security Service member or in a four player co-op team battle.
- Rewrite the history of the Raccoon City outbreak. Revisit classic moments from Resident Evil™ 2 and Resident Evil™ 3 and watch events unfold from the perspective of the Umbrella Security Service.
- Return of favourite RE enemies, iconic landmarks and characters, including Leon S. Kennedy who is on your hit list to eliminate.
- Competitive online multiplayer modes provide a unique gaming experience thanks to the three corner combat between the Umbrella Security Service, US Special Ops and
threat of zombies and B.O.W’s.
More articles about Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City