Inversion takes players on a whirlwind journey complete with nonstop firefights, and a suspense-filled storyline. Packed to the brim with action, Inversion also introduces revolutionary gravity-wielding combat, zero gravity environments, vector changes, and a unique destructible cover system.
Inversion is a third-person co-op shooter that combines hard-hitting, adrenaline-pumping action with a revolutionary gravity manipulation engine. Featuring the Grappler weapon, players will be able to manipulate gravity for their own purposes. The Grappler can be used in countless combat situations by maneuvering massive objects as shields or projectiles, and moving camped enemies out of concealed cover so they can be blasted away. The Grappler is also a key tool for tactical situations and puzzle solving as players can lift, move, or create cover objects at their whim. The awesome power of gravity is right at players’ fingertips. Additionally, Inversion is one of the first games to feature the HAVOK destruction engine which bestows Inversion with massively destructible environments including an elaborate cover system.
Set in the near future, the tranquil peace enjoyed by mankind shatters with an unforeseen invasion by an unknown enemy called the Lutadore. Armed to the teeth with futuristic gravity-controlling weapons, the Lutadore easily overrun the city’s defenses. Unbeknownst to all, mysterious anomalies have surfaced in conjunction with the invasion. Random regions in the city have entered zero gravity or have suffered vector changes, throwing the world into topsy-turvy chaos. Assuming the role of Davis Russel, a hotheaded 28-year-old cop, or Leo Delgado, Davis’ neighbor, players will embark on a journey through the war ravaged gravity twisted disorienting streets of their home town and beyond, to find Davis' missing child.
After being delayed several times, Namco Bandai has finally set a new release date for Europe and North America, issuing the following statement:
The extra development time for Inversion affords the team the opportunity to create an enjoyable and engaging third-person shooter experience with a comprehensive multiplayer component, including extensive competitive and co-operative modes.
- Multiplayer Options:
- Play through the compelling story on your own or play with others in either co-op or competitive modes.
- Breakthrough Gravity-Defying Gameplay:
- Learn to maneuver and shoot in an ever-changing state of global gravity, including weightless gameplay in zero gravity.
- Control gravitational forces using your Gravlink device to either increase or decrease the amount of gravity on a given target.
- Command gravity to crush objects in your way, fl oat enemies into range or even pick up cars to use them as mobile cover.
- Innovative Cover System:
- With bullets flying, seek cover objects in the environment or manipulate objects to create cover for yourself.
- Pervasive Environmental Destruction:
- INVERSION have been specifi cally designed to allow for maximum destructibility using the “Havok Destruction” module.
- Blast through the environments, target your enemies’ cover blasting it to bits or even knock down overhead objects to crush
the enemy below.
More articles about Inversion