Rockstar Games revealed that "There are no plans for a demo of Max Payne 3."
The Max Payne franchise put players in the role of Max Payne, a hard-boiled New York City detective with a penchant for violence, out to avenge the death of his family. The latest installment delivers more of the classic elements and hyper-intense action that fans have come to love, while moving the story of Max in a new direction.
Max Payne 3 is set eight years after the events of the last installment, with Max visibly older, more violent, and more world-weary from the events of his own life.No longer a cop, Max is close to washed-up, drunk and addicted to painkillers. Without a job on the force, Max has left the greater New York area, and he finds himself in Sao Paulo, Brazil, working in the burgeoning field of private security.
Max’s latest assignment sees him protecting the family of Rodrigo Branco, a wealthy real estate mogul and his two brothers: Victor, a local politician and the youngest, Marcello, a party-loving Eurotrash playboy, along with Fabiana Branco, Rodrigo’s trophy wife, and Giovanna, Fabiana’s sister.
The story of Max's descent from vengeful, leather-jacket wearing detective roaming the alleys of New York to the broken, shaven-headed man out for justice on unfamiliar streets far from home is at the center of Max Payne 3.
Max Payne 3 retains many trademarks of its predecessors; a focus on story and character-driven action, a large number of sophisticated weapons with dual-wield capabilities, Bullet-Time, an addiction to painkillers, mature themes and Max’s ever-present internal monologue. With Max Payne 3, Rockstar Studios’ aim was to use every tool at their disposal, from advances in Natural Motion's Euphoria physics and its own RAGE engine, particle effects and AI, delivering spectacular, highly advanced close-quarters combat, an intelligent cover system, and constantly varied gameplay in every level, a new creative approach to Max’s classic comic-book panels, combined with Rockstar’s notoriously obsessive attention to detail - to create a highly cinematic action shooter.
In addition to an expansive single-player campaign, Max Payne 3 will be the first title in the series to introduce an addictive multiplayer experience. Max Payne 3’s multiplayer aims to deliver a compelling experience that dynamically alters maps and mode progression for all players in a match. Along with traditional multiplayer modes, Max Payne 3 will also include a deep reward and leveling system, persistent clans and multiple strategic load-out options.
Max Payne 3 Achievements & Trophies
- Feel the Payne: Story Complete [MEDIUM]
- Serious Payne: Story Complete [HARD]
- Maximum Payne: Story Complete [OLD SCHOOL]
- Payne In The Ass: Story Complete [HARDCORE]
- It's Fear That Gives Men Wings: 10 Bullet Time Kills In A Row
- You Might Hurt Someone With That: Shoot 10 Airborne Grenades
- Sure Know How To Pick A Place: Discover All Tourist Locations
- The Fear Of Losing It: Survive A Level Without Painkillers
- One Bullet At A Time: 300 Headshots
- You Play, You Pay, You Bastard: 100 Kills With Melee
- With Practiced Bravado: 100 Kills During Shootdodge
- Past The Point Of No Return: Take 100 Painkillers
- A Few Hundred Bullets Back: Use Every Weapon In The Game
- Colder Than The Devil's Heart: Kill 30 Enemies In 2 Minutes
- Part I Complete: Complete Part I Of The Story
- Part II Complete: Complete Part II Of The Story
- Part III Complete: Complete Part III Of The Story
- Out The Window: Get 6 Kills While Diving Through The VIP Window [FREE AIM]
- The One Eyed Man Is King: Cover Passos With Perfect Aim
- That Old Familiar Feeling: Clear The Hallway Of Lasers
- Something Wicked This Way Comes: Get 7 Kills While Jumping From The Rickety Boat [FREE AIM]
- Amidst The Wreckage: Destroy All The Models In The Boardroom
- So Much For Being Subtle: Get 9 Kills While Being Pulled By A Chain [FREE AIM]
- The Shadows Rushed Me: Unlock And Complete New York Minute Hardcore
- The Only Choice Given: Get 8 Kills While Dangling From A Chain [FREE AIM]
- Along For The Ride: Trigger A Bullet Cam On The Zipline [FREE AIM]
- Sometimes You Get Lucky: Get A Headshot During The Rooftop Tremors
- It Was Chaos And Luck: Get 6 Kills While Riding The Push Cart [FREE AIM]
- The Road-Kill Behind Me: Total Everything On The Runway
- Trouble Had Come To Me: Clear Everyone On The Bus Ride
- All Of The Above: Finish All Grinds
- An Echo Of The Past: Find All Clues
- A License To Kill: Collect All Golden Guns
- A New York Minute: Finish In A New York Minute
- Full Monty: Complete One Of Each Game Mode Including All Gang Wars
- Payne Bringer: Kill 100 Other Players
- Max Payne Invitational: Invite Someone To Play Through The In-Game Contact list
- Man Of Many Weapons: Unlock All Weapons
- Man Of Many Faces: Unlock All Faction Characters
- Deathmatch Challenge: Winner In Any Deathmatch
- Grave Robber: Looted A Body
- The Gambler: Won A Wager
- Training Complete: Achieve Level Rank 50
- Dearest Of All My Friends: Kill Someone On Your Friends List
- The combination of Natural Motion’s Euphoria character behavior system and Bullet Time adds a new level to Max’s classic shoot-dodge moves. Shoot-dodge is not a canned animation, but a natural interaction with the environment, as Max will reach out to the floor as he dives, and naturally respond to objects in his way if you attempt to dive into a wall or obstacle
- This marriage of slow-motion gunplay and Euphoria physics amplifies the cinematic action of Max Payne 3 significantly, and enemies will also respond realistically to each bullet fired.
- Max Payne 3 extends the concept of Bullet-Time to now include game areas of the game that will trigger set pieces involving Bullet-Time. These provide epic moments of action that allow Max to take out enemies in a new interpretation of Max Payne’s signature style.
- Bullet-Cams return: in keeping with the stylish gunplay for which Max is known, Bullet-Cams deliver players a reward for downing enemies with a satisfying final kill
- Max Payne 3 takes the graphic novel panels of the earlier games and evolves them by utilizing in-game assets to create a motion comic-style approach.
- James McCaffrey, the original voice of Max, is back. Not only as the voice of max, but Max’s appearance, face and many of his movements in Max Payne 3 are all captured directly from James himself.
- Max Payne 3 features an integrated cover system. Cover adds an extra strategic element to the classic shoot-dodge/bullet-time/ run-and-gun mechanics of Max Payne, providing players with new options in any given situation
- Tremendous detail has been paid to every facet of Max Payne 3: Bullets destroy nearly everything in the environment, sweat will appear on Max’s face and shirt as the heat of battle wears on, and blood soaks the clothing of his enemies. You’ll also notice the minute details of the weapons themselves: hammers cock back, slides move, shells expel from the chamber and literally hundreds more.
- Partners and sidekicks will play a large role in Max Payne 3. Hundreds of hours of custom motion-capture were done for individual characters, making traditional in-game encounters completely unique, such as enemies sweeping a room or simply the way Max’s partners will behave as they move through the game.
Brazil is the fifth-largest country in the world, by area and population, and is notoriously known to house a number of the world’s worst drug traffickers, street gangs and kidnappers. The number one cause of death among the youth is murder.
Sao Paolo’s young gangs are amongst the most violent in the world, and the most dangerous of those is said to be the Primeiro Comando da Capital. The PCC has organized prison breaks, prison riots, drug trafficking, highway robberies and kidnappings since it was formed in 1993. With one gun for every 75 people in the country and 95% of those firearms obtained illegally, Max will need every skill he has in order to survive.
More articles about Max Payne 3