This new title remasters the universe of Space Rangers 2: Rise of the Dominators and Space Rangers 2: Reboot and allows players to revisit those games or take part in a thrilling new story.
Space Rangers HD: A War Apart takes place in 3300AD. Our galaxy is invaded by the Dominators, combat robots that come under the influence of an alien technology. The player finds themselves in a living, breathing world where they can engage multiple activities: fight in space and hyperspace, buy and sell goods, accomplish government missions, liberate planets from the Dominators in 3D RTS battles and complete text adventures leading to unique plot twists and rewards. The game ending is not set and players may find a victory of either side at the end. Everything depends on the actions taken in this developing world where anybody can live the life of a pirate as well as that of a hero.
Space Rangers HD: A War Apart features a dynamic game world where the balance of power between the Dominators and the Coalition can shift at any minute and can be tipped to either side by player actions. A wise criminal will wait before plundering the Coalition if it is losing the war. Additionally, the game has been updated including new upgrades for spaceships, new planetary battles, text quests and hyperspace engagements available to pirates and law abiding rangers. This enhanced edition brings full widescreen support up to 1920x1200 complete with updated graphics and interface. Subtle improvements like the ability to play hyperspace battles outside of the story mode help to provide the unique experience for which Space Rangers was revered.
- Space Rangers games are a unique blend of various genres. Consisting of the romance of space travel and adventures, the tactics of planetary battles and the grand strategy of conquering entire star systems. To those who like old-school arcade battles and text adventures, we have your area covered as well, it’s difficult to find a more versatile game!
- Literally everything in the game universe is interconnected, it is a huge and unbelievably interesting world, which lives and evolves on its own even without the player’s input. The game world spans more than 60 star systems, more than 250 planets, and space ports, inhabited by different species and other space objects that affect gameplay.
- Players are not alone in the universe, they are not lone actors in this play. There are hundreds of AI pilots who live their lives, build their careers, trade, wage war, buy new equipment and improve their space ships, and they are completely independent. Like the players these AIs can be civilian, military or pirate characters who also fight the Dominators, whereas Dominator ships also pursue their own goals.
- In the beginning you can choose your race, and all races have inherent and unique abilities which you can use to augment your playing style.
- You can simply live in the game world if you want to! You are free to do as you want and to choose what you like to do:complete quests, trade, participate in multi-side planetary battles, engage Dominator ships, or resort to piracy in the Coalition systems.
- Some players may set their own goals such as achieving supremacy in as the top pilot in the Hall of Fame,while others may spend their time collecting the best of the best equipment for their ship and earning experience which can be used to improve any of six piloting skills.
- The world of Space Rangers is perfect for trigger-happy pilots and pacifists alike,you can destroy Dominator bosses or you can try to reason with them.
- A unique dialog system helps to maintain player immersion. All ships communicate with each other including hearing about profitable trade routes, demanding money ‘for safe passage’, sending an S.O.S., offering a military alliance or simply bartering.
- Large list of standard space ship equipment, and even artifacts that grant unique bonuses, means that no two ships will ever be the same.
Space Rangers HD: A War Apart adds even more content to this rich mix:
- New pirate subplot. After completing any one of the story branches a player can either end the game, or continue playing to complete another branch. the player’s actions influence the entire Galaxy, while the balance in either of wars may be tipped not only by the player, but by AI actions as well. No two playthroughs will be the same.
- Major technical overhaul. Display resolutions up to 1920×1200, multi-core processors, Windows® 7, and anti-aliasing in 3D planetary battles are now fully supported.
- Extended soundtrack means you’ll hear more than 15 completely new musical themes specially created for deeper immersion into the amazing Space Rangers universe.
- Other improvements include more than 10 new text adventures, 15+ planetary battle maps, 20+ government missions, unique non-story events, new equipment and micromodules, access to all hyperspace engagements from the main menu and more!
More articles about Space Rangers HD: A War Apart