Capcom is doing away with the legendary 40-button controller from the original and while specifics were not revealed, Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor is specifically made for hands free controlling through the Kinect.
Set in 2082, Steel Battalion Heavy Armor depicts a world devoid of semiconductors, where war is waged with rudimentary weapons as new superpowers struggle for dominance. In a twist of fate, the U.S. army has been forced to begin major landing operations on what was once its own soil. In this low-tech era, there is one weapon class that will determine the course of the war – the Vertical Tank (VT). Playing as pilot Lt. Powers, players control one such VT as he embarks on a mission that will see the action shift from North America to battlefields and war-torn streets across the globe.
Steel Battalion Heavy Armor delivers an unprecedented level of control and interaction. VT movement, aiming and firing of the main guns are undertaken using the Xbox 360 controller. A wide variety of other combat-crucial actions are done through Kinect for Xbox 360 with upper body gestures - from starting the engine, to operating the scope or manning the turret-mounted machine gun. Kinect for Xbox 360 also provides a means of interacting with your fellow crew members, from ensuring a panicked crew member stays focused, to a high five for successfully completing a mission.
With a choice of three different pre-order packs, players will receive additional armory to customize their VTs (Vertical Tanks), boosting their defensive power, offensive force, speed in combat and much more.
- Pre-order on Amazon and get the Caron Assassin Armory:
- Savannah: Strike hard & fast with high speed vullet velocity
- Storm: Engage distant prey with increased shooting range
- Pre-order on Best Buy and get the Chrome Blitzer Armory:
- Impact: Outmaneuver the enemy with increased turning speeds
- Tiger: Tear down their defenses with devastating destructive power
- Pre-order on Gamestop and get the Iron Guardian Armory:
- Rock: Shrug off enemy advances with reinforced defensive power
- Jaguar: Outpace the attackers with accelerated travel speed.
- War, inside and out: Steel Battalion Heavy Armor provides a combination of first-person shooter (FPS) controller gameplay with immersive gameplay elements that only Kinect can provide
- Take to the battlefield: Instil fear in the enemy as the pilot of a Vertical Tank (VT), but feel fear of death as you and your crew become the focus of the enemy’s attacks
- Brothers in arms: Utilize Kinect to engage with fellow VT crew members as you share the emotional highs and lows of the battlefield
- Unique universe: Steel Battalion Heavy Armor is set in a world where the balance of power has been dramatically changed following a technology meltdown and once mighty nations are now reliant on human skill and courage to regain justice and freedom
- Innovation: As with the original Steel Battalion, Steel Battalion Heavy Armor, once more demonstrates Capcom’s commitment to take advantage of current technologies and push development boundaries to deliver unique and compelling gaming experiences
More articles about Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor