Awesomenauts brings Russian monkeys with jetpacks, giant robots, and lots of other mighty aliens to the two-dimensional console battlefield. Combining classic platforming-action with modern online multiplayer functionality, the action-packed gameplay offers everything the 16-bit generation and modern gamers love.
Awesomenauts will be PS plus game of the month in May! So it will be free for PS plus users, and get some promotion throughout the PS store.
What is this Awesomenauts game, you ask? Well, let's break it down:
- 3 on 3 online platforming shooter action with bright '80s cartoon style
- 6 very unique and highly customizable characters, each with their own attacks and skills
- Online and offline play with up to 3 players on a single console using split-screen
- Full drop in drop out support with bots and humans being swapped where needed
- Strong MOBA influences, classes, upgrades, creeps, turrets, bases, tactical depth, etc.
"We're thrilled to see that Sony liked the game so much that they made it game of the month," says Jasper, game designer at Ronimo Games, "it's great news for everybody, because it ensures there will be a great community of players to play against right from the start."
Awesomenauts will be available on PSN for $9.99 and on XBLA for 800MSP.
More articles about Awesomenauts