In order to get along in such a hostile world, the player will have to rely on their alter ego's skills. These are not determined by the character's class or improved by adding skill points: In Grimlands the motto is "Learning by doing". Skills are improved by being used – practice makes perfect, after all. "Use it or lose it" holds true here as well, with skills that are not used regularly being forgotten after a while. Thus each player develops their character through their own personal playing style.
These skills are developed in a dynamic world where the players' actions will leave their mark. A comprehensive and flexible crafting system means that there are almost no limits when it comes to building one's own equipment. Another highlight of this feature are the various vehicles that can be custom-modified and can even be driven by a group people as well as the cities that can be founded and expanded.
This first step of beta testing will focus on technical details such as server stability, optimization of the network code and testing new features.
This first beta version of the shooter MMO Grimlands includes a dozen new dungeons full of post-apocalyptic adventure for groups of players. Weather effects cast dark shadows on the landscapes with dynamic clouds, rain showers and other weather events! The PhysX Engine allows the environment to react to external influences in a physically accurate manner. New vehicles consume gasoline and can be equipped with weapons and armoring.
The crafting system, which plays a key role in the player-controlled economy, has been given a complete overhaul. A variety of professions, such as weaponsmith, armorer or engineer, allows players to choose specializations. New and better building plans are unlocked by increasing one's skill level.
All new features in Grimlands at a glance:
- PhysX physical engine implemented
- 12 new dungeons
- Complex weather system (dynamic clouds, rain and other weather patterns)
- Crafting system overhauled, new professions for specialization
- New vehicles with the PhysX physical engine
- Vehicles can cause damage
- Vehicles can be equipped with weapons and armoring
- Vehicles consume gasoline
- New graphics effects
- Innovative combination of third-person shooter and MMORPG in an open and continually-developing world
- Dynamic game world influenced by the actions of the players
- Flexible skill system - skills that are used often are improved while skills that are not used are forgotten
- Comprehensive crafting system with almost endless possibilities
- Quests for single players, groups and area quest that are set in a specific place
- Intelligent opponents that will run for cover, flee, hide or lead players into traps
- Cities that can be controlled and expanded by players
- Modifiable vehicles
- Clan system with ranks, levels, an event calendar and a base
- Comprehensive PvP features with duels, arenas and battlegrounds
More articles about Grimlands