Join thousands of other players and make your home in Free Realms! Do what you want to do, when you want to do it, in a lush, living, 3D world filled with lush landscapes and fun wildlife.
Originally launched in 2009 for the PC and 2010 for MAC, Free Realms delivers an endless array of exciting gameplay activities, minigames and adventures to entertain a diversity of players. From ninja fighting and playing soccer to battling pirate ships and training exotic pets, in Free Realms players can be and do whatever they want whenever they want! Free Realms offers a fun, social environment to connect with old and new friends while participating in live events, group quests and community activities.
Free Realms gameplay is as varied as the people who play. Looking for adventure? Unlock jobs like Ninja, Explorer and Wizard to battle enemies and disarm traps as you search for lost treasure, or duel other players. Battling not for you? Take time to teach your pet a new trick, decorate your house, or grow vegetables and flowers. When you're ready for a different kind of challenge, play a wide variety of completely integrated mini-games to craft useable items or get your high score onto the leaderboards.
There's always something new to see and do in the world of Free Realms, with weekly and monthly content updates, regular and special events, and even player-created parties and celebrations.
Featuring the familiar activities, minigames and adventures found in the PC version with a streamlined user interface, Free Realms for the PS3 capitalizes on all the interactive features the console has to offer and is easily accessible from the PlayStation Store. Players can use voice chat to lead their group into battle and socialize at a party, while also earning, comparing and sharing trophies.
Free Realms is inviting players to an array of exciting in-game activities including a number of birthday story quests, daily birthday rewards, and an epic in-game world event featuring the return of one of Sacred Grove's favorite villains, Cakenstein.
Since its initial launch, Free Realms has surpassed 20 million registered users and continues to actively grow. While only a mere three years old, the game already has an arsenal of achievements; from having more than 59,000 in-game items such as customizable pets and unique clothing including the popular "Skeletal Hoodie," to players starting more than 112.8 million collection quests.
"We are so very thankful for all of our Free Realms players," said John Smedley, President, Sony Online Entertainment. "We believe our players are our extended family and celebrating this birthday is a great testament to them. As the Free Realms community continues to grow, our goal will always be to find new ways to keep our players engaged and give them fun experiences to discover and enjoy. To further support this goal, in the next few weeks, we will be bringing players an opportunity to go even deeper into the world of Free Realms, and I can't wait to see and hear their reactions."
To complement Free Realms' three-year milestone, SOE will be rewarding all players with a special birthday hat, hosting a number of in-game community events, and offering birthday items for purchase in the in-game Marketplace including a party Piñata pet, birthday furniture, and more.
- Love the thrill of combat? Players can be a ninja, warrior or wizard to battle enemies or duel other players. Combat not for you? Go on adventures with pets, mine for gold, cook up a meal or enter a demolition derby! When players are ready for a different kind of challenge, they can play a wide variety of completely integrated minigames, pick up a quest, decorate their house, construct a maze or explore the terrain on the back of their T-Rex Ride. Free Realms is theplace to join your friends to discover, explore, compete, create and just have fun!
- Fun Now, No Waiting: Free Realms is easy to access! Get in the game quickly and easily from the PlayStation®Store, create a character, and adventure in a fully immersive social game world within minutes! Click on the Game Guide to access the Activity Finder, Events Calendar, 3D and 2D minigames, quests, Match Making and more!
- Be Whoever You Want: With 15 jobs to get into and more than 30,000 wearable combinations, players can find the perfect profession, or try them all! Jobs include: wizard, blacksmith, medic, archer, warrior, ninja, brawler, chef, miner, demolition derby driver, kart driver, adventurer, postman, soccer star, and fisherman.
- Fun for Everyone: With so much to do and seeit’s easy for players to find something fun for you! Start by playing minigames like cooking, mining, soccer, Demolition Derby, or Pirate’s Plunder. Players can decorate their player house with a party dance floor, rocket ship or talking tiki head, or create a maze with any number of items and invite friends over to race through it. The action doesn’t stop there; players can participate with the entire community at live event Boss Battles or in holiday quests, attend in-game concerts and learn boom box dance moves.
- Vibrant, Deep Environment: There are eight distinct, unique and breathtaking environments for players to explore. Areas include the snowcapped mountain villages of Snowhill, the dark and mysterious swamps of Blackspore, and the sunny shores of Seaside.
- Connect with Friends: Whether one’s meeting up with old friends or finding new ones, Free Realms players can connect, play, quest and adventure together. For group quests and multiplayer battles, players just log in to see what their friends have been up to, select them from your friends list and join them in game.
- Play Free or Upgrade: At its heart, Free Realms is free-to-play, with more than 800 quests and the ability to take each job through level four. But players who want to break through to the next level can become Members with access to an additional 400 quests and the ability to level all jobs up to 20. Memberships are offered in terms of one month, three months, six months and lifetime, which is valid for the life of the game. Members and free players can also purchase a variety of items and wearables through micro-transactions.
- Family-Friendly: Recently recognized by Creative Child Magazine with the 2010 Creative Toy Award Seal of Excellence, Free Realms is a fun online experience to share with the entire family. Parental controls on the PC allow for the customization of safety options, include pre-canned and white-list chat, reporting and filters for younger players. For kids who enjoy playing on the PS3, robust parental controls are innate to the PS3
Free Realms is rated E10+ for Everyone 10 and up with content descriptors of Crude Humor and Fantasy Violence. Online Interactions Not Rated by the ESRB.
More articles about Free Realms