Fans of the franchise and newcomers alike will relish the opportunity to catapult themselves headlong into a real adventure, in a search for the fabled "Atlantis of the Sands." The journey propels fortune hunter Nathan Drake on a daring trek into the heart of the Arabian Desert, a journey that pits him and his mentor Victor Sullivan against the occult treachery of a shadowy clandestine organization and its ruthless leader. When the terrible secrets of this lost city are unearthed, Drake's quest descends into a desperate bid for survival that strains the limits of his endurance and forces him to confront his deepest fears.
With its award-winning storytelling, blockbuster cinematic action sequences, immersive high resolution 3D and stunning environmental detail and effects, Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception is the chance to lose yourself in the world of Nathan Drake.
You camped out on your favorite ledges to earn the kickoff medal on the Highrise and Yemen maps. You’ve mastered sniping fools that run carelessly through the Desert Village and Airstrip. You’ve perfected your ninja stealth kills in the secluded nooks and crannies of the London Underground and City of Brass. Okay, maybe you haven’t perfected any of that yet. Maybe you’re just looking for something different and new. Whether you’re a rugged Uncharted 3 multiplayer fortune hunter or a causal explorer, this trailer should get you amped for Tuesday’s new multiplayer map pack.
Four all-new Uncharted 3 multiplayer maps will be available for download on Tuesday, April 10th on PS Store.
- The Graveyard map sets you in motion as you fight among ships and shipping crates on rolling waves.
- Old Quarter seems like a lovely scene on a cool Yemen night, but it’s full of dangerous alleys and dimly lit rooms.
- The bar, the back alleys and the broadways of the London Streets map offer some prime spots for a knock-down, drag-out turf war, so be sure to stop by the Pelican Inn for some more brawling.
- The Oasis map used to provide respite for a Bedouin camp, but now serves as a sun-drenched battlefield for your multiplayer matches.
A lot of love and polish was put into each map, including new dynamic events that occurs as the match progresses. In Graveyard, a patrol boat will circle the border and launch grenades. In Oasis, a passing plane will drop a shipping crate that can flatten you (or your enemy!) if you don’t make way. If you’re smart enough to stay out of the crate’ shadow, you may score the power weapon that resides inside. London Street and Old Quarter contain dynamic events as well… but we want to leave you a couple big surprises...
Standalone, this new map pack will cost $9.99. If you’re already a member of the Fortune Hunters’ Club this collection of maps cost you only the initial price of joining the club – just log into your PSN account and you can download the Drake’s Deception Map Pack for free.
If you still haven’t become a member of the Fortune Hunters’ Club, you’ll have until the PS Store updates on April 17th, 2012 to join in the action. In just 12 days, the Fortune Hunters’ Club will shut its doors. Joining the FHC costs $24.99, saving you more than 60% on 14 packs of Uncharted 3 DLC. If you’re game for that much Uncharted 3 goodness, buy the FHC today by clicking the icon below, or visiting the PS Store or the in-game Uncharted 3 PS store.
- Bigger set pieces and more explosive adventure, driven by Naughty Dog's signature storytelling and cinematic presentation.
- Competitive and co-op multiplayer return with brand new experiences and massively expanded feature sets. The Uncharted universe provides online players with a unique Action Adventure multiplayer experience, bringing the cinematic elements of the single-player campaign into multiplayer.
- Nathan Drake can now take on opponents in more ways than before: hand-to-hand combat with multiple opponents, contextual melee attacks, and new stealth options. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception also features expanded and diverse traversal moves with deep gunplay.
- Naughty Dog introduces new physics, visuals, and environmental effects.Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception features new innovations in sand, fire, smoke, and water dynamics and effects. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception will be playable in Stereoscopic 3D.
More articles about Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception