On a future Earth ravaged by aliens and 50 years of global war, a civilization emerges that rejects the old ways to forge a new destiny in a wild frontier. Can the connection between a lawman trying to keep his town safe and a new kind of gold rush in San Francisco hold the only hope for a better future?
The game combines the intense action of a “AAA” console shooter, with the persistence, scale, and customization of an MMO, while its TV counterpart weaves the rich tapestry of the world into a series with the scope, characters, and drama of a classic sci-fi epic. Because they exist in a single universe, the show and the game will influence each other and evolve together over time, with actions in both mediums driving the overall story of Defiance.
- An Adventure For The Masses – Intense third-person shooter gameplay focused on story-driven missions designed to be played solo or with other live players in the world around you.
- A Massive, Persistent World - Fully realized, persistent open world (no loading screens between zones) set in a futuristic San Francisco Bay Area, supporting tens of thousands of simultaneous live players.
- Customize Your Character - Custom character creation, where you can play as a human or alien, modify your appearance, select different specializations, and become a unique citizen of the world.
- Player Progression Evolved - Console-native shooter with a multitude of weapons, armors, and special abilities that evolve with experience.
- Unending Gameplay - With missions, emergencies, and endless exploration opportunities across a giant game world, Defiance is the genre-changing title that is sure to keep players engaged for years.
Attendees of this year’s E3 will have the opportunity to get hands-on experience with the game.
More articles about Defiance