Play singles or go multiplayer with up to four people in a range of different modes. You can play with friends both locally and online, or search for other players online in your region to take to the court against. Serve, volley and smash your way up the leaderboard and see if you have what it takes to reach the top of the circuit. If you have friends nearby, you can even play a multiplayer match with just one copy of the game through Nintendo 3DS Download Play!
Choose from a variety of your favorite Nintendo characters or use your Mii character for a personalized tennis experience like none before. You can also customize your player of choice by winning coins and unlocking items from the in-game shop.
Mario Tennis Open utilizes StreetPass in new and exciting ways. Play a game against other players you meet in the street without even lifting a finger and see if you haul in some coins as a reward. It's a whole new ball game!
In addition to the variety of fun tennis games with a Mario twist in Special Games mode, fans will be able to connect with friends for online matches, enjoy new StreetPass features and unlock bonus game characters through game play and special QR Codes.
Newly revealed game elements include the following:
- Online Play: Mario Tennis Open players can compete and cooperate in local wireless matches with other opponents and play exhilarating games. Players can also build up their Open Match standings, check the monthly leaderboard and win Victory Medals from every challenger they defeat.
- Ink Showdown: In this fast-paced competition, Piranha Plants spit ink balls from the back edge of the court. Players must destroy the ink balls before they splatter, while hitting tennis balls away from an opponent.
- StreetPass Features: Players can inspire friendly competition by using the Nintendo 3DS system's StreetPass feature. They can engage in competitive StreetPass Matches or cooperative Ring Shot challenges with computer-controlled versions of people they encounter and share their StreetPass winning streak. StreetPass can also be used to show off players' Mii characters, which can be customized with new outfits and accessories that can improve their on-court performance. As users play, new items for their Mii will be unlocked in the Item Shop.
- Unlockable Characters: New and familiar Nintendo characters can be unlocked - some through game play, others via special QR Codes. Unlockable characters include Luma, Baby Mario and Dry Bowser.
- Choose from a variety of control options: traditional buttons, Touch Screen controls or new gyro sensor controls!
- Play online against players in your region or set up a group with your friends
- Play locally with just one Mario Tennis Open Game Card
- Enjoy virtual play via StreetPass and use any coins you win to upgrade your player!
More articles about Mario Tennis Open