"Personally I feel like Strategic War in Europe is an old school strategy game in modern form. " said Leszek Lisowski. "The gameplay is sort of on the beer & pretzel side of strategy games with a lot of features under the cover. What's very important is the huge possibility for modding we have integrated into the game."
Wastelands Interactive's most recent title, Time of Fury, featured every important aspect during World War II from diplomacy to terrain adaptation, and provides a point of inspiration for Strategic War in Europe.
Strategic War in Europe is being under the focus of strategy game veteran developer Leszek Lisowski who has led the development of half a dozen strategy games over the past several years.
Some exciting features of Strategic War in Europe are:
- Six unique scenarios spanning the time between 1939-1944
- An expansive map of Europe and North Africa that is 68 hexes wide and 47 hexes high
- Ability for players to control up to 25 countries across the three WW2 alliances (Allies, Axis, USSR)
- Five scaling difficulty settings for each country for added challenge and replayability
- Build your army to attack from land, sea, and air
- Economy and production system with a strategic element based on convoys and railroads
- Technology system that expands five unique areas of research
- Dynamic weather system that affects the tide of war
More articles about Strategic War in Europe