There are three broad categories to DiRT Showdown’s action-sport racing. Players will use nitrous to blast past rivals and negotiate courses filled with ramps, multiple routes and obstacles in full-contact Racing events. Gaming’s most advanced damage engine is unleashed in Demolition Derby themed events where players smash and crash their way to victory in bone-jarring style. Finally, in Hoonigan events, gamers will send fans wild in huge stunt parks where accessible new controls offer every player the chance to become a freestyle driving hero.
From San Francisco to Miami and London to Tokyo, players will dominate their rivals and wow the crowds. Pyrotechnics, lasers and thousands of fans give each venue a sports entertainment atmosphere, becoming the perfect stage for players to perform. Over 50 different events across four championships will challenge gamers in a variety of conditions – sun, snow and rain – through the day and under the floodlights at night.
DiRT Showdown will feature an exciting new line up of off-road machines. Ken Block’s all new Gymkhana FOUR H.F.H.V. Ford Fiesta debuts alongside an eclectic mix of vehicles across a range of classes. From saloons and muscle cars to pick-up-trucks, hearses and vans, players have a wide selection of custom cars to trick, race and destroy.
DiRT Showdown will be Codemasters’ most connected game ever – split-screen multiplayer, eight-player online racing, on and off-line quick-fire party games and YouTube integration all come as standard. Players will also be able to issue ‘Showdown Challenges’ to compete with friends whether they are online or not.
Both Codemasters and Warner Bros believe the move to June, from its original May 29 date, will provide the game with a clearer release window and create a greater opportunity for success at North American retail outlets. The PC edition is unaffected and holds its global digital release date of next Thursday, May 24, and will be available from Steam.
- DiRT Showdown is a new arcade racing game from the makers of the acclaimed DiRT series. Accessible, pick up and play controls combine with spectacular events and stunning graphics to deliver high octane, dive in and drive thrills from event one.
- DiRT Showdown features a mouth-watering selection of cars. Ken Block’s all new Gymkhana 4 HFHV Ford Fiesta debuts alongside a varied selection of vehicles across a range of classes. From saloons and muscle cars to pick-up trucks, hearses and vans, players will have a wide selection of cars to trick, race and destroy.
- COMPETE IN 3 THEATRES OF RACING:
- NO HOLDS BARRED RACING EVENTS Trade paint and use nitrous to speed past rivals in DiRT Showdown’s range of racing modes. Courses are littered with obstacles, pinch points, multiple-routes and ramps to deliver adrenaline fuelled racing across spectacular courses.
- BONE CRUNCHING DEMOLITION DERBY EVENTS. Players will crash, smash and bash their way through a range of demolition derby themed events which pushes the EGO-powered damage engine to its spectacular limits.
- EDGE OF CONTROL HOONIGAN EVENTS A new accessible handling system lets players let loose in free-roaming, freestyle stunt parks. Compounds flooded with obstacles play host to a range of new challenges, from performing trick runs to competitive stunt events, explorations challenges and more.
- Race through each championship until you make your way to the ‘Showdown’ finale. Each Showdown is held in a unique festival atmosphere where a frenzied party atmosphere, including pyrotechnics and lasers combine with DiRT Showdown’s high-octane driving gameplay.
- DiRT Showdown is purpose built for social gaming. Dedicated party games are available online and in split-screen perfect for sofa gaming with a low barrier to entry for friends where classics like ‘capture the flag’ and checkpoint challenges get the Showdown treatment.
- All new for DiRT Showdown, players can now issue Showdown Challenges so players can test themselves against their friends whether they are online or not.
- Every location in DIRT Showdown becomes a thrilling racing theatre, custom designed for players to perform on the perfect stage. From San Francisco to Miami, Nevada to Michigan, Tokyo to London, each of DIRT Showdown’s locations delivers a unique atmosphere for a wide range of events.
- Flashback becomes Crashback in DiRT Showdown – whenever a large crash happens, players can see ‘kill cams’ from several angles showing how the carnage unfolds. In single player events, gamers can also upload clips direct to YouTube.
More articles about DiRT Showdown