Tapping into fans’ muscle memories, the gameplay in Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater HD returns to controllers and focuses on the satisfaction of linking sick tricks for maximum points. Combining sharp visuals with the best controls ever in a Tony Hawk game, the feel is cutting edge yet timeless. Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater HD features an eclectic group of today’s skateboarding pros, including Nyjah Huston, Chris Cole, Eric Koston, Andrew Reynolds, Rodney Mullen, Lyn-z Adams Hawkins (Pastrana), Riley Hawk, and, of course, Tony Hawk himself.
After constant prodding and heartfelt pleading from fans, Activision has confirmed today that Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater HD will get downloadable content. Going even further, it has been officially stated that first batch will include multiple levels from Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 – perhaps the most critically acclaimed game in the whole franchise. Ratcheting things up even further is the fact that the exact levels haven’t been decided yet, and Activision, Robomodo, and Tony Hawk himself want to hear from the fans to determine the final content of the DLC.
Hardcore fans may remember that Tony Hawk went on Twitter last summer to ask his fans their favorite THPS 1+2 levels, and that feedback played a role in the levels chosen for Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater HD. It wasn’t an exact science – Tony still pushed to get Phoenix Downhill in there despite the fact it didn’t top the list – but other levels like Marseilles and School 2 made the cut because of the fans.
For the DLC, feedback on what THPS3 levels to include is being gathered via the game’s official Facebook page. There is a post there now on the topic, so fans should Like the page then post their detailed thoughts in the Comments section. Activision, Robomodo, and Tony Hawk will scour every post and begin the hearty debates - but the Birdman himself will make the final call on the levels included.
- HD Upgrade: Game was rebuilt and polished by Robomodo using Neversoft’s original code.
- Classic levels: The style and feel of the best 7 levels from THPS and THPS2 refreshed for today (Warehouse, School 2, Mall, Phoenix, Hangar, Marseilles and Venice.). Tony Hawk himself put a call out to his fans on Twitter during the summer of 2011 to decide the final levels.
- The Top Pros: Today’s biggest skate pros round out the cast including: Nyjah Huston, Chris Cole, Eric Koston, Andrew Reynolds, Rodney Mullen, Lyn-z Adams Hawkins (Pastrana), Riley Hawk and, of course, Tony Hawk himself.
- Refined controls: The skaters’ animations, tricks and combos reflect the evolution of the THPS games. For example, you can do manuals in levels from the first THPS, a trick that didn’t enter the franchise until THPS2.
- Endlessly fun objectives: Players pursue the same global and level-specific goals as the original games, including S-K-A-T-E, Secret DVD (used to be VHS tape!), and many more.
- Details on soundtrack and online modes will be announced soon.
More articles about Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD