Carrier Command: Gaea Mission - The ground-breaking 80’s classic is back in this highly-anticipated next generation experience. Players will be treated to an immersive journey with an engaging story in the vast, free-roaming environment that spans 33 unique islands in 6 different climatic areas. Players will battle over air, land and sea in this exciting combination of the 1st and 3rd person action genre with strategic elements where the exploration and mastering of tactics is key and the thrill of a successful fight will spur the player onward to a victorious experience like no other.
You are the commander of a near-future aircraft carrier of immense power, with many tools and vehicles at your disposal. Landing in an unfamiliar, free-roaming environment, exploration will be key and the thrill of discovery will spur you onward.
The colony planetoid of Taurus is a pivotal battleground in the United Earth Coalition (UEC)'s long campaign against the rogue Asian Pacific Alliance (APA), who gained dominion over Earth in an apocalyptic conflict. The wide oceans of Taurus are dotted with resource-rich islands of varying composition and hiding many secrets.
Weather is simultaneously simulated across whole vast archipelago of Taurus moon. From nasty storms on ice covered islands, through foggy weather on marsh islands, to cloudless sky of summer temperate islands the weather on Taurus is not only influencing visibility and graphic appeal but has dynamic effects on game environment including grass, trees and sea.
Bohemia Interactive has been developing for PC and Xbox 360 simultaneously, to ensure an optimal gameplay experience across the two platforms. The content in both versions will be the same.
Bohemia Interactive's founder and CEO, Marek Španěl, adds: "I and my brother Ondrej were addicted to playing Carrier Command on our Atari ST. In fact, it was what inspired us to develop games ourselves. Now, almost 25 years after the original was released, it’s exciting to see our re-imagination, Carrier Command: Gaea Mission, finding its way to the massively expanded PC and immense console gaming audience."
Andy Payne, Managing Director of Mastertronic, concludes: “We are really honoured to be working with such a talented and successful games developer as Bohemia Interactive. They have a fantastic track record of producing great games. Indeed it is a real co-incidence that one of the first games I worked on way back in the 80's was the original Carrier Command and my company, The Producers, now part of Mastertronic, helped Rainbird get that game in the hands of real fans. With that heritage in mind, Mastertronic will shout loud and proud about Carrier Command and we will ensure we help bring legions of new fans enjoy this great game.”
Enthusiasts can already get a taste of the unique command-and-battle gameplay by participating in the Carrier Command: Gaea Mission Play & Contribute Beta.
- Gaea Mission campaign – Follow the deep story coinciding with the second book of the Gaea Universe trilogy and evolve from an underdog to a skilled Carrier commander and prevail against all odds with your ragtag crew.
- Free roam strategy mode – Enjoy a game mode closely based on the original 80s classics! Choose startup settings and the balance of power and challenge the enemy carrier to an ultimate strategic duel.
- Massive game environment – Explore 33 unique islands in 6 distinct climatic zones.
- Unique game mechanics - Control a seamless blend of real-time remotely controllable vehicles with a programmable battle computer to dominate the battlefield.
- Unit management – Acquire and manufacture new upgrades, weapons and enhancements for your carrier and vehicles, but don’t forget to keep an eye on your ammo and fuel stocks as well.
- Strategy – Traverse the seas to establish a network of island bases for defense, mining and manufacturing. Keep a steady supply of resources and equipment to push your campaign forward.
In 2011, the original Carrier Command celebrated its 23rd Anniversary. Many long-time gamers already know and love the game, but the Gaea Mission will thrust it into the spotlight once more. Here you can reflect on days past, when a flickery monitor and a dodgy 5.25" disk were the best friends a gamer could have.
More articles about Carrier Command: Gaea Mission