This galaxy is ancient, and its first intelligent life was the civilization we call the Endless. Long before our eyes gazed upon the stars the Endless flew between them, though all that remains of this people is what we call Dust. The galaxy will belong to the faction that can take control of the Dust and uncover its secrets…
Amplitude Studios announces the release on Steam of two different Endless Space pre-order packages, in which players will get instant access to the Alpha version of the game and all upcoming versions including the final game. The Admiral Edition will include community bonuses and the digital soundtrack of the game, while the “Support the Game Dev” Emperor Special Edition will include all Admiral Edition content and additional in-game content. Both editions will be available at a 25% discount until May 31st 2012.
In the beginning...
The universe as we know it was birthed at the moment of the Big Bang. This explosion of positive and negative forces, matter and anti-matter, existence and non-existence created the stuff from which galaxies would form. In slow capitulation to the laws of time and matter, the dust of space coalesced into stars and planets, creating the building blocks for what would one day be intelligent life.
But there was no hurry; planets spun and galaxies tumbled in the dance of time, as the universe waited for living creatures to travel the cosmos and spread the breath of life across the great voids. Eventually, in random, scattered places, elements formed molecules, molecules formed chains, and under the influence of water and sunlight and weather these chains wrapped together into simple animals who themselves developed into sentient beings.
Though the people known as the "Endless" were the first to raise their eyes to the heavens, it is certain that many other peoples existed. These others rose and fell or were snuffed out, receding back into the dust of history. What is certain is that no other race grew as large, traveled as far, or learned as much as the Endless did. It is with them that we say that the living history of the universe truly began.
Much is told of the Endless--of their technologies, of their societies, and especially of the uncountable splinters into which their nation eventually shattered itself. Their history is glorious but above all tragic; though they unlocked the secrets of time-space, the stars, and life itself they were unable to master their own internal conflicts.
The Endless left behind many traces in the forms of seeds, of observatories, of experiments, and perhaps – though not all of this is clear nor verifiable, and no two accounts are consistent – in the forms of other peoples.
Still, we should remember this: Though the travels of the Endless covered millions of stars across endless light-years of space, even they are barely a drop in the vast sea that is the universe.
Welcome, to the worlds of Endless Space...
- A Born Leader: Guide one of eight civilizations as you strive for galactic dominion. Will you control the entire galaxy through subtle trade and diplomacy, explore every corner of the universe to find powerful artifacts and resources, overwhelm other civilizations with your advanced technologies, or destroy your enemies with massive armadas?
- Endless Discoveries: With hundreds of star systems to explore, different planet types, luxuries and strategic resources to exploit, the mysteries within the Dust to master and a host of strange scientific phenomena to deal with, the player will have no lack of challenges. Hire heroes to become fleet admirals or system governors and discover five hero classes and their unique ability trees and specializations.
- Space Opera: Experience Endless Space with state-of-the-art graphics and interface, switch between strategic battle decisions and long-term planning. Optimize each fleet for epic battles around contested stars. Create the perfect combinations from dozens of unique ships per civilization. Customize your ship with modules, armament, engines and special mods. The player has a plethora of choices of how to best destroy or dissuade his enemy.
- Take on the Universe: Play against up to seven opponents and build up – or break – alliances at will. Discover an innovative and dynamic simultaneous turn-based gameplay. Permit instant jump-in for your ongoing online games. Define your own custom civilizations and confront the ones created by your friends.
- Endless Replayability: Control every new game’s scope, from a quick match-up to an endless war. Generate an infinity of random galaxies where every start begins a new adventure. Modify the size, shape, density, age and a lot more to create your ideal galaxy. Choose from different victory conditions and adapt your strategy on the fly.
More articles about Endless Space