Fallen Earth is a post-apocalyptic massively multiplayer online game that mixes first person shooter and role playing game style mechanics. The game is set in 2156, one hundred years after the world is brought low by a plague known as Shiva that killed 99% of the population. The game takes place in and around the Grand Canyon, one of the few habitable places left on Earth, which makes it a place many are willing to kill to control. Our world is one where mankind teeters on the edge of extinction, clinging to the bones of the old world while trying to recover their lost secrets. It's a world of scavengers and desperation. The players are those who choose to rise above the hardships of this new world and work towards a better world, or decide the old world was corrupt and all signs of it must be erased completely.
The core functionality players expect from an MMO, such as raids, clans, auction house, and a mail system, are now up and running in Fallen Earth. Players can combine their efforts in raids of up to four groups or thirty-two players, allowing them to tackle larger threats and compete more effectively in PvP activities. Clans allow players to form large social groups with a number of different ranks, each with its own configurable name and permission list. The auction house system allows players to sell goods to each other with ease, and to search the auction house for items needed for a specific recipe. The mail system enables players to easily stay in contact and trade goods among themselves through the vigilant efforts the Franklin's Riders, the postal service within Fallen Earth.
Titled Global Territory Control, the update introduces entirely new game content, updated landscapes and new player-crafted technology.
Key Features of the Update include
- All new settlements and outposts throughout the world that can be conquered by each of Fallen Earth’s player factions
- Capturing settlements grants sole property rights to the owning faction, allowing them to extract valuable resources from the territory
- The faction with the strongest territorial claim gets a passive buff improving core combat skills, Precision, Power, and Death Toll, Experience, Faction, Random AP gain, as well as harvesting and crafting speed by 5-10%
- All new level 50+ PvP area: The Foothills, filled with rare and valuable resources
- Brand new player-crafted technology: Prospectors and Harvesters
- Prospectors allow players to survey for resource-rich areas
- Harvesters allow players to set up a device to passively extract materials
- Brand new items and recipes acquired via Death Toll
The highlight of the 2.4 Global Territory Control update is the most sought after and valuable new territory, The Foothills, which promises an abundance of rare and valuable resources in the recently constructed settlement in Deadfall.
Beyond the addition of Global Territory Control, the 2.4 update includes numerous tweaks and improvements to the overall user experience. This includes easy-to-use combat trainers, merchant buyback, faster mounting, bulk purchasing, easily accessible skill trees, all new “junk-tech” starter weapons and more.
“Global Territory Control finally gives our faction what they've always wanted - control of the canyon! We've been listening to all the feedback from our players and are pProud to finally release GTC and change the face of the Wasteland - so join a faction and join the fight!”, says Marie Croall, Lead Designer at Reloaded Productions.
As a special incentive, GamersFirst is offering gamers the Light Slugthrower Rifle. The gun is an advanced version of the all new “Junk Tech” starter rifle which features a higher damage output than its “little brother”. Players can grab the Light Slugthrower rifle by simply entering the promo code “JUNKTECH” either in-game or by clicking the Redeem Code button on the Fallen Earth Website. To access the Marketplace in-game, players can click on the $ button on the bottom of their minimap. The code expires on June 1 2012.
- First Person Shooter/Role Playing Game Hybrid: Engage in intense FPS combat with the depth and customization of RPG character advancement
- Classless Advancement: Utilize the robust skill-based system to build characters with multiple stats, skills, mutation paths, tradeskills and factions
- Massive Real-Time Crafting System: 95 percent of the in-game items—vehicles, consumables, weapons, armor and more—can be made by the players as they scavenge and harvest
- Unique Faction Systems: Ally with or rally against six factions to determine how the post-apocalyptic world is rebuilt
- Multiple Game Play Modes: Experience multiple types of game play including crafting, exploration, vehicle combat and scavenging in both solo and group play
- Tactical Player vs. Player: Battle in one of the open PvP zones or wage war with the factions to claim control of a town
- Vast Explorable World: Put survival instincts to the test while experiencing 70 towns with more than 5,500 missions spread over 1,000 square kilometers of zoneless territory
More articles about Fallen Earth