Ground, water, lava, fire, plants and trees -model the world like a child playing sand castles on the beach. With such powers, players will help their people resist, expand and migrate so they can accomplish their quest to find a safe place.
From Dust is based on a technological breakthrough which allows us to have a world that's entirely dynamic. Players will be able to manipulate ground, water, vegetation, lava as if playing sandcastles on the beach. Breaching a lake open, digging craters, flooding valleys… And all this is simulation, not just graphics visualization.
Google Chrome allows users to experience the full From Dust experience from directly within their browser, which is possible thanks to the Native Client technology, an open-source technology that allows web applications to seamlessly execute native compiled code inside the browser.
“Adapting a game like From Dust for Chrome is part of Ubisoft's strategy to attract new players, by offering creative and innovative gaming experiences across a multitude of platforms,” said Thomas Paincon, EMEA FTP Publishing Director. “Google's Chrome Browser has a substantial segment of the worldwide internet browser market share, which is a large potential audience for us to engage.”
- Ground-Breaking Technology - Play in the sandbox of one of the most advanced real-time nature simulations, where everything you see and interact with evolves dynamically, offering a constantly renewed experience.
- Unique Art Direction - Discover a large variety of environments: Tropical islands, volcanic landscapes, deserts and so much more ...
- Rich Story Mode - Explore 13 breathtaking territories of emergent gameplay. Master the natural forces at play on a mysterious archipelago and help a primitive tribe to recover the lost powers of their ancestors.
- Confront Mighty Nature - Protect your tribe against Nature’s most devastating attacks. Face down tsunamis, wildfires, earthquakes, volcanoes, torrential rains…
- Master Godlike Powers - Control the forces of nature to sculpt the world in your image. Hold back lava, stop raging waters, empty lakes, grow forests and raise mountains!
- Live Up to the Challenge - Race against the clock on 30 additional maps in Challenge Mode. Each scenario is a puzzle-like challenge where time is of the essence...
- Online leaderboards - Compare your Challenge Mode scores with the community on worldwide leaderboards.
More articles about From Dust