You think Tower Defense games are all about building? You thought wrong. Sanctum is not your average Tower Defense title. When the havoc starts, you get to join the fray!
Sanctum is a fresh take on the tower defense genre and places the player right into the frenetic fray with tight first-person shooter gameplay mechanics. Gamers take the role as Skye, an elite soldier sent out to protect her home town, Elysion One, from hordes of mysterious alien creatures. To successfully defend your land, you must construct and upgrade a labyrinth of defensive structures and towers. When the havoc starts and the wave of baddies is unleashed, you jump right into the action with your own fully-upgradeable weapons and play a key role in the defense.
From now until May 7th, the first-person shooter/tower defense mashup that has received tons of attention will be free-to-play under Steam’s Free Weekend. During that weekend, players who accept this amazing tower defense game’s brilliance can purchase the full version of Sanctum at 75% off for only $2.49 and the DLC-packed Collection for only $4.99!
Sanctum is also getting some fine tuning in a quick update that includes:
- Brand New Medal System
- Improved Balancing
- Graphic Details Settings
- Under the Hood Tweaks
- 4-player co-op support; why double the trouble when you can quadruple it?
- 5 fancy, physically-improbable Weapons!
- 4 Challenging Game Modes
- Don’t just build towers. Build mazes!
- Your way or the highway! Our Customization System lets you have it all.
- Powered by Unreal, Sanctum is one of the pin-up girls of the indie games.
- 87 Achievements
- Hidden Secrets & Easter Eggs. Have meta with your metal!
More articles about Sanctum