Battle Academy v2.04 adds a host of new features and fixes, the biggest being the inclusion of the multiplayer force selection battles to make combat between human opponents a bit more interesting!
In the multiplayer force selection battles, players can choose from five new scenarios where they and their opponent can create their forces from a limited number of points. Want to go heavy on the infantry or outfit your force with more tanks? It is entirely up to you, but remember that your opponent will be doing the same, allowing for high replay values and adding an uncertainty to the battlefield.
The update also adds in a 2D modding option, for PC and Mac versions only, to use 2D unit graphics and objects for modded campaigns.
Approachable, absorbing and visually impressive yet detailed, Battle Academy aims to revolutionize the strategy games market with a blend of intuitive design and compelling game play driven by cutting edge technical innovation.
Inspired by an original online game concept devised by the BBC, the game has more than 30 battles in a range of theatres of war from the North African desert through D-Day to the to the snowy Ardennes mountains where the Allies battled to repel the final German offensive.
The team at Slitherine worked with Professor John Buckley, Military Historian at the University of Wolverhampton and a keen wargamer himself, to make sure that the strategy, tactics, scenarios and available firepower of the battles fought in WW2 were turned into realistic AI behavior, powering expertly crafted battles.
The game engine is also completely script-driven, allowing players to create their own missions and scenario in a simple and effective way.
The server-based Play by E-Mail Slitherine system completes the package, for a gaming experience that will certainly please both hard core wargamers and newcomers.
- Control British, US, Polish, Canadian, Italian & German forces in 3 epic campaigns covering more than 30 varied battles.
- Select from a vast array of equipment including 100 units from 6 nations - Shermans, Fireflys, Panthers, Tigers, Stukas, Hurricanes, P47s and much more!
- Gameplay features include ambushes, line of sight, artillery barrages, airstrikes, scouts, morale, APCs, flame throwers, heavy bombers, snipers and suppression.
- Your units gain experience as they fight. Get promoted to Veteran and Elite status and gain new skills.
- Addictive multiplayer modes using Slitherine’s revolutionary multiplayer server that’s linked into an online ranking system.
- Huge modding opportunities. The game has been designed so that it’s easily moddable and accessible scripts control all aspects of combat, user interface and the game's appearance.
More articles about Battle Academy