Developed under Codemasters’ exclusive worldwide agreement with Formula One World Championship Limited, F1 Online: The Game will feature all the official drivers, teams and circuits from the 2011 FIA Formula One World Championship. F1 Online: The Game will deliver a persistent world of Formula One to players through their internet browser, perfect for anytime racing.
Fans will be able to race with their favourite team in online multiplayer races across a range of game modes, from entering the full 2011 FIA Formula One World Championship to Grand Prix events complete with practice and qualifiers and a range of challenges and time trials. Gamers will be able to track and share their progress via a range of leaderboard and social network features.
Players will have the opportunity to create their very own team and become immersed in a world of Formula One on a grand scale; choosing their team name, designing a livery and leading the development of a personal franchise. As racer and team boss, they will manage the commercial, research, production and race crew functions required for success on track.
F1 Online: The Game is being developed in house at Codemasters using the Unity game engine, to deliver stunning performance in a web browser. Iconic tracks including Monaco, Silverstone and Spa will be authentically brought to life by using track data and assets taken from the forthcoming F1 2011 for high definition consoles and PCs.
Players are invited to log on to www.F1OnlineTheGame.com to create their own team and join in multiplayer races today.
- FORMULA ONE Racing in a Browser. F1 Online: The Game will enable fans to quickly race against their friends online through their internet browser. Players can log on and jump into a range of race modes from full GRAND PRIX weekends on licensed circuits to quick-fire challenges on custom tracks. Players will be able to race and manage their team for free daily or access more content through micro-transactions.
- Accessible Racing. Simple controls to accelerate, brake, steer and deploy KERS and DRS to blast past rivals deliver a fun and rewarding racing experience. A wide range of optional racing aids, including auto-brake and racing lines, ease players of all abilities into competitive racing. A matchmaking system ensures players can always find a fair yet challenging race against players with similar skill and car performance levels.
- All the Cars, All the Stars. Fully licensed, features all the drivers contesting the 2011 FIA Formula One World Championship, including Sebastian Vettel, Lewis Hamilton, Fernando Alonso and Jenson Button. Each 2011 team is represented including Scuderia Ferrari, Red Bull Racing and Vodafone McLaren Mercedes
- Licensed Circuits. F1 Online: The Game features all circuits from the 2011 season. Players will race at iconic tracks including Monaco, Spa and Silverstone, test themselves at the new 2011 FORMULA 1 Grand Prix Of India at Delhi’s Buddh International Circuit and take on the return of the famous Nürburgring. To bring these famous circuits alive authentically, F1 Online: The Game uses art assets and track data from the forthcoming F1 2011 for high-definition consoles and Games For Windows Live. Players can also take on a large range of custom circuits across multiple game modes.
- Create a team. Fanswill become immersed in a world of racing by creating their very own team. Players can choose their helmet, team name, design the car’s livery then go compete online. As racer and team boss, players will make the calls to lead their team to glory across a range of game modes and compete for the highest honours in motorsport by entering their team into the 2011 FIA Formula One World Championship.
- Develop a racing Headquarters. Players will lead the direction of their very own team as they manage the commercial, research, production and race crew functions required for success on track. Gamers can choose research projects to improve their car, recruit and manage staff including friends, and invest in buildings to develop the team’s Headquarters from a basic centre of operations to a World Class Development Facility. Team XP is earned by performing well in races and developing the team and facilities. The further the team is developed, the more a player can specialise in areas such as aerodynamic research, engine development, commercial deals and their pit crew.
- A World of Competition. Compete in the fully licensed 2011 FIA Formula One World Championship, custom Championships, seasonal events, time trials and more. Whether players want to take on a full season, test themselves across a full Grand Prix weekend, including practice and qualifying, or jump in for a quick race around their favourite circuit, F1 Online: The Game is perfect for anytime racing. In addition to an extensive range of multiplayer modes players can also race single-player in time trial mode against ghost cars.
- Climb the Leaderboards. F1 Online: The Game includes a huge range of leaderboard and social features which let players compare themselves to the very best in the world, their friends and more. Fans can compare stats on fastest laps, victories, overtakes, car upgrades, winning sequences and more through leaderboards and share their achievements through integrated social features.
- Unity Powered Racing. F1 Online: The Game is being developed on the Unity game engine and is in production in-house at Codemasters to deliver stunning performance in a browser
More articles about F1 Online: The Game