Trine 2 takes gamers on another adventure with the powerful knight Pontius, the swift thief Zoya and the crafty wizard Amadeus. The three heroes embark on a new adventure more fantastic than ever, where you will have to survive lethal traps and terrifying monsters, solve many physics-based puzzles and unravel an epic mystery during a challenging campaign that can be played either solo or in co-op with up to 3 players online or offline! Featuring stunningly sumptuous visuals, a masterful original soundtrack, and clever physics-based gameplay, Trine 2 is the perfect mix of old-school platforming action, original physics-based level design, and cooperative multiplayer fun!
Trine 2: Director's Cut features the critically acclaimed original game with numerous enhancements and gameplay polish, alongside a new game mode called the "Magic Mayhem", designed exclusively for Wii U. The upcoming new expansion campaign is also planned to come out on Wii U.
"We are thrilled to work on Wii U and bring the best version of Trine 2 to the platform," said Lauri Hyvärinen, CEO of Frozenbyte, and continued: "Trine 2: Director's Cut features many things that we had to cut from the original release on other platforms and a completely new user experience tailored especially for Wii U. We are also going to introduce the new "Magic Mayhem" party mode that brings the frantic multiplayer of Trine 2 into a more challenging environment where players can battle and laugh together."
"Simultaneously we are working on the upcoming expansion for Trine 2, which will come out on Wii U at the same time. It will provide an even more exhilarating adventure following the heroic trio of Amadeus, Pontius and Zoya – or as otherwise known, the Wizard, the Knight and the Thief. The expansion is our best work yet and absolutely stunning in every respect, and is going to be a fantastic experience on Wii U."
Trine 2 expansion campaign (included in the Director's Cut)
- Add-on content for Trine 2
- A new adventure featuring the Heroes struggling against new goblin villainy
- 5 new levels chock-full of new puzzles, hazards, enemies and contraptions
- New skills for each character with new possibilities for puzzle solving
- Completely new environments ranging from burning desert to snowy mountains to the insides of a giant sand whale
- Physics-based puzzles with fire, water, gravity and magic
- Accessible for both casual and hardcore gamers
- Online and local co-op with up to three players
- Save anywhere to play as long or short sessions as you like
- Unlimited Character Mode adds to additional replay value
- Superb graphics with next-gen visuals use impressive technical effects
- Hidden collectibles for extra adventuring
- Upgrade your characters to suit your play style and to learn amazing new skills
- Fun and challenging achievements to unlock
- Current and New Game+ to ensure that adventuring will never end
- Amazing 19-track soundtrack composed by the acclaimed Ari Pulkkinen
More articles about Trine 2