“Their Finest Hour” is the third expansion for Hearts of Iron III, and comes three years after the original game's release – further evidence of Paradox's commitment to building and growing their games well after the launch period, adding features and ideas requested by their active and involved international online community.
- Expanded espionage system with new and reworked missions, including new covert operations that can be performed on the map.
- New 'battle plans' mode where you can load historical plans, or draw your own and share with your allies in real-time in multiplayer games.
- New unique elite units for each major nation's army - Gurkhas, Rangers, Imperial Guards etc.
- Deeper naval invasions system including the development of specialized landing and assault crafts to improve the effectiveness of your assault.
- More detailed control over strategic warfare and a generalized lend-lease system to support your distant allies with your industrial might.
- Leaders are now able to gain traits, and assigning them to duty is more important than ever with the new combat tactics system for battles.
- A new custom game mode for both single and multiplayer. You start with a clean slate and can instantly produce units, research technologies and affect political alignment before the game begins. This allows you to model interesting 'what-if' scenarios and speeds up the early years for those who would like to jump straight into the action with no slow build-up.
- Two new detailed battle scenarios, the Russo-Finnish Winter War and the Spanish Civil War
More articles about Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour