Carrier Command: Gaea Mission - The ground-breaking 80’s classic is back in this highly-anticipated next generation experience. Players will be treated to an immersive journey with an engaging story in the vast, free-roaming environment that spans 33 unique islands in 6 different climatic areas. Players will battle over air, land and sea in this exciting combination of the 1st and 3rd person action genre with strategic elements where the exploration and mastering of tactics is key and the thrill of a successful fight will spur the player onward to a victorious experience like no other.
You are the commander of a near-future aircraft carrier of immense power, with many tools and vehicles at your disposal. Landing in an unfamiliar, free-roaming environment, exploration will be key and the thrill of discovery will spur you onward.
The colony planetoid of Taurus is a pivotal battleground in the United Earth Coalition (UEC)'s long campaign against the rogue Asian Pacific Alliance (APA), who gained dominion over Earth in an apocalyptic conflict. The wide oceans of Taurus are dotted with resource-rich islands of varying composition and hiding many secrets.
Weather is simultaneously simulated across whole vast archipelago of Taurus moon. From nasty storms on ice covered islands, through foggy weather on marsh islands, to cloudless sky of summer temperate islands the weather on Taurus is not only influencing visibility and graphic appeal but has dynamic effects on game environment including grass, trees and sea.
After a successful run of more than three months, Bohemia Interactive has announced it will discontinue the Play & Contribute Beta for Carrier Command: Gaea Mission. The P&C beta - brought to life to aid the development process - will be replaced by a pre-order deal on Monday July 30. This means people still have one and a half week left to seize the heavily discounted ? 20 Play & Contribute offer (which includes beta-access and a digital copy of the final game) on Bohemia Interactive's Store.bistudio.com.
Now that the game is nearing completion, feedback will no longer be necessary. Nevertheless, those who signed up for the P&C program will still able to play the beta.
Lead Designer, Jaroslav Kasný, said: "As a result of the Play & Contribute Beta, we've been able to improve almost every aspect of the game. It was inspiring and motivating to see the wonderful response from our already passionate community. On behalf of me and all my colleagues, I'd like to thank you all for the great support!"
The new Store.bistudio.com pre-order deal, starting on Monday 30 July, offers a hefty 25% pre-order discount on Carrier Command: Gaea Mission for PC. It also gives people the opportunity to play the latest P&C beta build and try out the Strategy Game mode. The discount will decrease by the end of August.
To take advantage of the Carrier Command: Gaea Mission Play & Contribute deal while it still lasts, people are advised to visit Store.bistudio.com/carrier-command-gaea-mission before the end of the next weekend.
- Gaea Mission campaign – Follow the deep story coinciding with the second book of the Gaea Universe trilogy and evolve from an underdog to a skilled Carrier commander and prevail against all odds with your ragtag crew.
- Free roam strategy mode – Enjoy a game mode closely based on the original 80s classics! Choose startup settings and the balance of power and challenge the enemy carrier to an ultimate strategic duel.
- Massive game environment – Explore 33 unique islands in 6 distinct climatic zones.
- Unique game mechanics - Control a seamless blend of real-time remotely controllable vehicles with a programmable battle computer to dominate the battlefield.
- Unit management – Acquire and manufacture new upgrades, weapons and enhancements for your carrier and vehicles, but don’t forget to keep an eye on your ammo and fuel stocks as well.
- Strategy – Traverse the seas to establish a network of island bases for defense, mining and manufacturing. Keep a steady supply of resources and equipment to push your campaign forward.
Carrier Command: Gaea Mission will be available on Xbox 360 for $59.99 and PC for $49.99.
More articles about Carrier Command: Gaea Mission