Set against the collapsing temples of an ancient civilization and the crumbling cities of 22nd century Egypt, Serious Sam 3: BFE is an exhilarating fusion of classic twitch shooters and modern gameplay features.
Trademark features such as relentless hordes of spectacular enemies and expansive outdoor battlefields return in Serious Sam 3: BFE at full force.
The explosive new expansion will contain three new campaign missions set within the story of Serious Sam 3: BFE and follow Sam “Serious” Stone as he tracks down a powerful artifact on an ancient island to swing the tide of battle against Mental’s invading alien horde.
“Croteam is very excited about the reception Serious Sam 3: BFE received from our fans so we’ve worked really hard to make sure the Jewel of the Nile expansion tells more of Sam’s story and cranks up the insanity,” said Davor Hunski, Chief Creative Guy at developer Croteam.
Serious Sam 3: Jewel of the Nile follows the legendary hero to the mysterious Temple of Isis on the island or Philae where a monstrous temple guardian lies in wait. Set in the midst of the main Serious Sam 3: BFE storyline, gamers will battle through three new campaign missions against the unrelenting hordes of Mental’s forces including the re-introduction of two familiar monstrous faces. Sam’s arsenal of awesome expands as well as the two secret weapons from the main Serious Sam 3: BFE storyline – the laser gun and sniper rifle – make their way into the spotlight in Serious Sam 3: Jewel of the Nile.
New Campaign Missions
- Gathering of Gods – Serious Sam arrives on the Island of Philae in search of the Temple of Isis where an ancient Sirian machine that will activate the Timelock is hidden amongst the ruins.
- Together Forever – Arriving on Abu Simbel via motorboat, Sam continues his search for the Timelock control room through the temples of lost lovers Nefertari and Ramses II.
- Born Again – Battle through canyons, temples, and tombs as Serious Sam uses everything in his arsenal to bring down an overwhelming alien horde and a colossal final guardian.
“So does this island of Philae in Serious Sam 3: Jewel of the Nile have any topless beaches?” asked Fork Parker, CFO of Devolver Digital. “The only thing better than fast-paced, over-the-top action is a perfect pair of digital flesh melons.”
Serious Sam 3: Jewel of the Nile is set to release on PC October 2012.
- Frantic Arcade-Style Action – The calling card of the Serious Sam series, hold down the trigger and lay waste to a never-ending onslaught of attackers or face being overrun by Mental’s savage beasts. No cover systems, no camping – it’s just you and them. All of them.
- Mental’s Fearsome Legions – A new battalion of unforgettable minions including the rumbling Scrapjack and towering Khnum join the legendary Headless Kamikaze, Gnaar and Sirian Werebull. Your days of mowing down zombie Nazi space pirates are over.
- Serious Melee Attacks – When an enemy slips by your wall of lead and pain, use one of the all-new innovative melee moves to drop an enemy right where they stand in the most violent way possible.
- Pure Multiplayer Mayhem – Play through the full campaign mode with up to 16 players or drop the gauntlet and let the heavy ordinance fly in versus modes like Deathmatch and Beast Hunt. This is the next level of Serious Sam multiplayer and all hell is about to break loose.
More articles about Serious Sam 3: BFE