World Of Tanks is the first and only team-based massively multiplayer online action game dedicated to armored warfare. Throw yourself into the epic tank battles of World War II with other steel cowboys all over the world. Your arsenal includes more than 150 armored vehicles from America, Germany, and the Soviet Union, carefully detailed with historical accuracy.
Ride the legendary Tiger tank, or choose the fast-and-furious Soviet T-34, practice your sharp-shooting skills with the American 155mm M40 Gun Motor Carriage or try experimental/prototype machines such as the Germany's monstrous Maus tank. A Player can have an endless number of tanks in "garage", and all machines can be upgraded in dozens of ways: better turrets, chassis, guns, engines, radios, various ammunition types, plus tank crew members can be leveled up as well.
A flexible system of authentic vehicle upgrade and development allows you to try any of the vehicles and weapons in the game. Whether you prefer to exhaust your foes with fast and maneuverable light tanks, make deep breaches in enemy lines with all-purpose medium tanks, use the force of giant tanks to eliminate opposing armored forces, or become a heavy sniper with long-range howitzers, each unit type has its own advantages and can be extremely effective when operated by a true tank ace.
But being a great tank commander alone isn't enough to win! In World Of Tanks, it's all about teamwork. Victory is achieved by combining your combat skills with those of the other members of your team, each playing their own role on the battlefield. Just add your favorite strategy to build your own iron empire and manifest the indisputable authority of the tank! Feel the TANK POWER!
The game offers fast random battles featuring various modes, historic mini-campaigns, tourneys and epic Clan Wars on a global map, where mighty clans fight for hundreds of provinces employing grand strategy, diplomacy and economic power. Besides individual tank-ace skills, World Of Tanks requires team work and a fine balance between light and heavy armor. World Of Tanks gives you thousands of ways of building your Steel Empire and manifesting the indisputable authority of TANK POWER!
Update 7.5 features new Tier 10 medium tanks and tank destroyers, premium vehicles, battling arenas, as well as new medals and titles.
The American tech tree has been updated with the E3 and E4 modifications of the T110 destroyer, as well as the M48A1 Patton III medium tank. The Germany Tank Destroyer lines have also been strengthened with the mighty JadgPz E-100 and the E-50 Ausf M, which now occupies the spot as the nation’s most powerful medium tank. The heavy destroyer Object 268 and the medium T62A joined the ranks of the Soviet tech tree, while the French have received the Tier 10 Bat Chatillon 25t medium tank and the AMX 50 Foch 155 tank destroyer.
New premium vehicles now featured in the game include the German Dickermax TD and the American T26E4 Super Pershing medium tank.
In addition to new tanks, the game has also been updated with three new maps, each taking place in North America:
- Port: This vast urban map, with a harbor and a network of railroad tracks, provides plentiful tactical opportunities for all vehicle types. A mixture of open spaces and secluded areas, Port offers good firing positions and effective cover sites.
- Serene Coast: This picturesque, hilly Canadian landscape features mountains in the northwest and a sea in the southeast, which serves as a natural border. A mostly open periphery provides very little concealment, while the central area, saturated with buildings and structures, offers solid cover and excellent ambush opportunities.
- Highway: A mixed North American map, Highway offers spacious sunlit valleys and scattered housing that allows for close combat firing positions. A typical Midwestern highway and a river split the map in half, requiring varied battlefield tactics.
In addition to the three new maps, the existing map, Airfield, now also features a “planes in the sky” environmental effect that adds a greater amount of immersion for players to experience during the heat of battle.
Update 7.5’s major highlight are new Tier X medium tanks and tank destroyers, which provide additional challenge to heavy tanks.
Tier X Medium Tanks
- The Germany tech tree now contains a new modification of the Е-50 Ausf. M. medium tank.
- The Т-62А has become the top medium tank in the Soviet tech tree.
- The American tech tree has received a new machine — the M48A1 (Patton III).
- The Bat Chatillon 25t was upgraded and is now the top French medium tank.
Tier X Tank Destroyers
- The powerful JagdPz E-100 with the Gw. Tiger gun now sits atop the Germany tech tree.
- The new Object 268 has become the top medium Tier X TD for the Soviet tech tree.
- The American tech tree has been significantly strengthened with the T110E3 and the T110E4 tank destroyers.
- The French line of tank destroyers now includes the powerful AMX 50 Foch 155, complete with an automatic loader.
- The ranks of the German tank destroyers are now also graced by the Tier VIII Jagdpanther II, a good counter against the intimidating Ferdinand.
- With the addition of the Tier V French light tank ELC AMX, the АМХ 12t has now become a Tier VI. The following French light and medium tanks have also moved one tier: AMX 13 75, AMX 13 90, Lorraine 40t and Bat Chatillon 25t.
- Update 7.5 also brings two new premium vehicles into the mix: the German Dickermax tank destroyer and the American T26E4 SuperPershing medium tank.
Along with massive additions to each nation’s tech trees, Update 7.5 also includes several new options in regard to leveling.
- A new path from the Tiger P to the Ferdinand has been added, costing 150,000 experience points to unlock.
- Owners of the AMX 12t can now also research the Lorraine 155 50 SPG for 140,000 experience points.
All experience from the elite Ferdinand SPG was transferred to the newly introduced Tier X JagdPz E-100. This change will allow players that have enough experience points to unlock the new German SPG immediately.
Update 7.5 also features reworked matchmaking for the majority of vehicles. Now, players won't face off against vehicles more than two tiers up than their own machine. This change was implemented to ensure a more enjoyable gameplay experience for both rookies and veterans, alike.
Update 7.5 also features a few new fixes for the game’s damage system. Now, a hit to an internal module will cause damage to a crew even if armor penetration did not occur. The mechanics for shell shock crew damage with high explosive rounds were also reworked.
Good bye, KV-5!
The Tier VIII Soviet premium heavy tank KV-5 is no longer available for purchase via the in-game shop or the gift shop. However, it wasn’t removed from the game completely: all the players who had acquired the tank before Update 7.5 will keep it in their collections. The tank will be resurrected for special events, so stay tuned to the news section on the World of Tanks website.
More articles about World of Tanks