Dead Space 3 cuts to the heart of deep space terror with award-winning suspense, horror, action and audio. Slated for release in the dead of winter, players will embark on a thrilling ride through space that takes them to a hostile new planet, Tau Volantis. There, they must battle violent, subzero conditions and deadly, highly-evolved enemies including new Necromorphs, gigantic boss creatures and – for the first time in the series – a faction of Unitologist soldiers on a misguided mission.
Fortunately, they are not alone this time around. Players can choose to team-up with a friend anytime in Dead Space 3 with the fully integrated drop-in/drop-out co-op feature. Players that choose to take down the terror together will experience additional story details and gameplay mechanics only found when playing as the co-op character, Carver.
With an all-new ice planet, drop-in/drop-out co-op, and exhilarating action, Dead Space 3 will re-set the bar for epic thrills when it's released.
- New Hostile Environment – Dead Space 3 will take players on a thrilling ride across the depths of space and a frozen Necromorph-infested planet. On Tau Volantis, players must overcome deadly avalanches, treacherous ice-climbs and the violent wilderness in this spine-tingling new adventure. To get past the horrors that lie hidden on this planet, players must comb through the environments different hubs, caverns and side paths for raw materials and scavenged parts, putting Isaac’s engineering skills to the ultimate test.
- Team Up and Take Down the Terror Together – Play the full campaign alone or seamlessly team up with a friend using the new co-op option. Either way, the action is intense, the adventure is exhilarating and the thrills are unforgettable. Players that choose to take down the terror together will get to play the new character, Sergeant John Carver. Carver is a hardened soldier who lost his wife and son to the Necromorph infestation and wants to avenge their deaths. Co-op offers players a second way to play through the game with fully-integrated story cutscenes, added dialogue between Isaac and Carver and additional side missions that only Carver can unravel.
- Uncover the Past to Save the Future of Mankind – Find answers to many questions around the whole Dead Space lore including the origins of the Marker, the existence of the Necromorphs and how the two are related. In Dead Space 3, hero Isaac Clarke finally discovers the source of the Necromorph outbreak – the key to ending the terror forever and preventing the extinction of mankind.
The Dead Space 3 Limited Edition provides gamers with first access to two game bundles: “First Contact” and “Witness the Truth” – each of which contains an advanced suit and devastating new weapon. These hand-crafted weapon combinations act as initial blueprints for the millions of permutations players will be able to create using the all-new weapon crafting system in the game.
“First Contact” Bundle
- First Contact Suit: This unique EVA (Extra-Vehicular Activity) suit was built by the SCAF (Sovereign Colonies Armed Forces) for encounters with "foreign entities.” It sports a flamboyant golden finish to provide protection from long-term space exposure and thick armor for… unspecified reasons. The suit was given the nickname "First Contact" by the scientists who made it.
- Negotiator Weapon: While technically classified by the SCAF as a "scientific instrument,” the gold-plated "Negotiator" is loaded with some surprisingly aggressive hardware. The overclocked, top-mounted Tesla Beam is capable of bursting a man-sized organism into several pieces with a single shot. The bottom-mounted Linegun appears to have been built with the sole purpose of cleanly dismembering organic tissue from a distance.
”Witness the Truth” Bundle
- Witness Suit: These insulated suits were worn by a SCAF deep dig team assigned to exhume the darkest secrets of Tau Volantis. Whatever they found locked deep in the ice changed them forever. When they emerged weeks later, they were covered head to toe in strange graffiti and claimed to be "Witnesses to the Truth.”
- Evangelizer Weapon: A modification of the standard AL-2 used by the Sovereign Colonies Legionaries, this version sports a souped-up AL-2g assault rifle on the top with an Emerson 2100 "Big Boy" tactical shotgun on the bottom. The surviving "Witnesses" of the SCAF deep dig team dubbed it the Evangelizer and decorated them top to bottom with strange symbols.
More articles about Dead Space 3