FIFA 13 captures all the drama and unpredictability of real-world football. The game creates a true battle for possession across the entire pitch, delivers freedom and creativity in attack, and connects fans to the heartbeat of the sport — and to each other — through EA SPORTS Football Club. FIFA 13 features five breakthrough gameplay innovations which revolutionize artificial intelligence, dribbling, ball control and physical play, as well as engaging online features and live services. FIFA 13 is Football's Social Network, where fans connect, compete and share with millions of others around the world.
All-new Attacking Intelligence infuses players with the most sophisticated artificial intelligence ever achieved. Players have the ability to analyse space, work harder and smarter to break down the defence, and think two plays ahead. Now every touch matters with the most comprehensive and intuitive dribbling system ever developed for the franchise. Inspired by the world’s best player, Lionel Messi, Complete Dribbling enables players to face their opponent and use precise dribble touches combined with true 360° mobility with the ball, so it’s easier to be more creative and dangerous in 1v1 opportunities. FIFA 13 First Touch Control transforms the way players control the ball, eliminating near-perfect touch for every player on the pitch, and creating more opportunities for defenders to win back possession. The second generation of the Player Impact Engine expands physical play from just collisions to off-the-ball battles between players. Defenders can push and pull for position, and utilise their size and strength to force opponents into poor touches and decisions before the ball arrives. FIFA 13 Tactical Free Kicks provides the tools to create dangerous and unpredictable free kicks. Position up to three players over the ball and utilise dummy runs and more passing options to outwit your opponent.
EA Sports Football Club Match Day will drive real-world news ripped from the headlines around the world into FIFA 13. Real-world drama such as injuries, suspensions, team form, and media gossip will be reflected through in-game commentary and play out in-game.
“This is a huge technological innovation that will make every match feel like a seamless extension of the headlines ripped from the football pages around the world,” said David Rutter, Executive Producer of FIFA 13. “There is nothing bigger in the world of sports than match day. It brings together the emotions, passion and drama of the world’s sport for players, pundits, managers and fans alike. We are going to capture that experience and bring it to life in-game.”
Through EA Sports Football Club Match Day, fans will be following the heartbeat of football and their favourite club. Real-world fixtures and upcoming clashes of their favourite club in the top leagues will enable them to play right along with the beats of the season. Player form—displayed in detail within the team management screens—will change frequently, so players in form, or players struggling to keep form, will see their stats change throughout the season based on their real-world performances. Plus, Games of the Week will highlight the top global matchups for fans to enjoy.
EA Sports also expanded its online mode, now called Seasons, to include 2v2 co-op ranked online play where friends can battle together in ten game seasons to win promotion in league divisions. Division Titles have been added to every division, and a new Trophy Cabinet enables champions to showcase their silverware. Players can perfect their line-up and tactics across multiple Seasons matches, save the squads, and use them for every match. Plus, new match-making options enable fans to fine tune their Seasons experience.
The Seasons format has also been developed for FIFA Ultimate Team, bringing ranked online play with seasons, promotions, and relegation to the mode for the first time. In FIFA Ultimate Team fans can earn, buy, trade and bid for coveted players to build a team of the world’s best football stars. Fans can create and manage multiple squads and take them into competition in online and single-player tournaments. It’s now easier than ever to play Ultimate Team with a re-designed navigation system and the Icebreaker Flow, enabling inexperienced players to choose a team captain, such as Messi, Karim Benzema, Jakub Błaszczykowski or Claudio Marchisio, to begin a guided Ultimate Team journey.
- Attacking Intelligence — All-new positioning intelligence infuses attacking players with the ability to analyse plays, and to better position themselves to create new attacking opportunities. Players will work harder and smarter to break down defences, make runs that pull defenders out of position, and open passing channels for teammates. Plus, players possess an off-the-ball vision and the ability to think two plays ahead to create, curve, or alter runs to capitalize on openings as they occur.
- Complete Dribbling— Make every touch matter with complete control of the ball. Take on defenders with the freedom to be more creative in attack. Players are more explosive accelerating with the ball, and utilise precise dribble touches with true 360° mobility with the ball while facing a defender. Face an opponent to threaten attack while moving with the ball in any direction to dodge tackles, or turn and shield the ball, holding off defenders for longer stretches.
- FIFA 13 First Touch Control— A new system eliminates near-perfect control for every player by creating uncertainty when receiving difficult balls. Poor passes are harder to control, enabling defenders to capitalize on errant balls and poor touches. Factors such as defensive pressure, trajectory of the ball, and velocity of the pass all factor into a player’s success. Players with better control and skill stand out. Fewer perfect touches, the potential to over hit passes, more loose balls, and greater balance between defending and attacking.
- Player Impact Engine—The second generation of the award-winning physics engine expands physical play from just collisions to off-the-ball battles, giving defenders more tools to win back possession. Defenders can use their body to win possession, push and pull for position, and utilise their size and strength to force opponents into poor touches and decisions before the ball arrives.
- FIFA 13 Tactical Free Kicks—Create dangerous and unpredictable free kicks. Position up to three attacking players over the ball and confuse opponents with dummy runs, more passing options, and more elaborate free kicks. Opponents can counter by adding or subtracting players to the wall or sending a bullet man to intercept the pass or block the shot.
- Career Mode—Compete for club and country in an expanded Career Mode that now includes internationals. Play for or manage your favorite national team, competing in friendlies, qualifiers and major international tournaments. Play as manager and secure an offer to coach any national team, with bigger decisions and more pressure. Compete as a player and prove yourself at the club level to attract national team attention and the call to play for your country. At the club level, new Transfer logic adds a multitude of new factors that shape a player’s true market value. Form, performance, and morale influence a player’s base value to begin negotiations that now include counter offers, player and cash transactions, and squad roles. Player loans, Board interactions and mid-season manager firings add to the drama. Plus, unlock new features like Edit Player or Rematch in the EA SPORTS Football Club Catalogue.
- Skill Games–Learn or master the fundamental skills necessary to compete at FIFA 13 in a competitive and addictive new mode. Become a better player, faster, no matter what your skill level. Compete against yourself or friends in 32 mini-games, perfecting skills such as passing, dribbling, shooting, crossing and more. Hit targets, loft balls into cans and dribble through obstacle courses, collecting points and beating the clock as you progress through three levels to the Skills Challenge. Earn achievements, trophies, and XP while securing a global ranking and perfecting your skills.
- EA SPORTS Football Club—Earn rewards, level up, enjoy live Challenges based on real-world soccer events, and connect with friends. Everything within FIFA 13, and against friends, is measured in a meaningful way. Earn rewards to unlock items like kits, special celebrations, Virtual Pro Attribute Boosts, and Career Mode Super Scout Credits from the new Football Club Catalogue. Plus, build status as you climb 100 levels. Real-world storylines drive regular challenges so that FIFA 13 will play like the real-world season. Support Your Club and compete against rivals in every area of the game, lifting your club higher in the league tables or helping them avoid relegation.
- EA SPORTS Football Club App For iPhone – Access your Football Club identity and friends, manage your FIFA Ultimate Team, search the live auctions and bid to win new players.
- Complete Authenticity—500 officially licensed clubs and more than 15,000 players.
More articles about FIFA 13