The game follows the 2010 Medal of Honor reboot that moved the series out of World War II into war-torn Afghanistan and introduced the U.S. Tier 1 Operator.
From rescuing hostages in the Philippines to eliminating the pirate threat on the Somali Coast, the game is an up close and personal look into the fight against today’s global terror threat. Written by U.S. Tier 1 Operators while deployed overseas, Medal of Honor Warfighter delivers an aggressive, gritty and authentic experience that puts gamers in the boots of the world’s most precise and disciplined warriors.
Medal of Honor Warfighter tells the personal story of U.S. Tier 1 Operator “Preacher,” as he returns home only to find his family torn apart from years of combat deployment. Trying to pick up the pieces and salvage what remains of his marriage, Preacher is reminded of what he’s fighting for - family. But when a deadly explosive known as PETN penetrates civilian borders and his two worlds collide, Preacher and his fellow teammates are sent in to do what they do best – solve the problem.
Linkin Park’s co-producer and co-lead vocalist Mike Shinoda has composed powerful, original in-game scores for Medal of Honor Warfighter that will add depth and emotion to an already intense gameplay experience. Additionally, Linkin Park has included the warrior -inspired song “Castle Of Glass” on their new #1 album, Living Things. Consistent with the dramatic themes and authentic action within the game, the song “Castle Of Glass” looks at the life of a soldier and the forthcoming video elaborates on the many sacrifices they and their families make. Debuting this October, the concept for Linkin Park’s “Castle Of Glass” music video is the result of direct collaboration between members of Linkin Park and Danger Close Games. Produced by Digital Domain and Danger Close, thevideo will feature a unique mix of live action footage edited with gameplay recordings taken from Medal of Honor Warfighter.
“Linkin Park has always shown a great deal of respect and gratitude for our servicemen and women, many of whom are fans of their music,” said Greg Goodrich, Executive Producer of Medal of Honor. “Partnering with them for the Medal of Honor Warfighter soundtrackand the ‘Castle Of Glass’music video is a natural fit for us. We have shared values and respect for these heroes from many different nations – and their families – who serve on our behalf around the world.”
“Linkin Park’s involvement with the 2010 reboot of Medal of Honor was a hugely positive experience for all of us,” said Mike Shinoda. “The opportunity to take this creative collaboration several steps further was something that we knew we had to be a part of.”
In multiplayer, gamers around the world can represent their nation’s Tier 1 Operators on the global battlefield. The game features 12 different Tier 1 Operators from a variety of nations including the Australian SASR, British SAS, German KSK and Polish GROM among others. For the first time in the series, Medal of Honor Warfighter introduces multi-national Tier 1 “blue-vs-blue” team play where the world’s best-of-the-best warriors go head-to-head in online competition.
Utilizing the advanced power of the Frostbite 2 game engine, Medal of Honor Warfighter is being developed by Danger Close Games in Los Angeles, California. Medal of Honor Warfighter sees the return of key development leads that helped reboot the multi-platinum hit in 2010. The core team is bolstered by industry veterans who hail from DICE, Treyarch and other award-winning game studios. Together, this team is united behind a single engine platform, and a single vision for the game – authenticity, respect and honor for today’s Warfighters, with real emotion, real threats and a game designed to highlight the extraordinary nature of the material.
- Dotted Line to Real World Events - From rescuing hostages in Abu Sayyaf’s Basilan, Phillipines stronghold to assaulting Al-Shabaab’s “Pirate Town” on the Somali Coast, gamers step into the boots of Tier 1 Operators as they hunt down the global threat of PETN. Medal of Honor Warfighter is the only game that gives players a view into these real world events and lets them experience the action as it might have unfolded.
- The Power of Frostbite 2 – Leveraging the power of the ground-breaking Frostbite 2 engine, Medal of Honor Warfighter delivers incredible video and audio fidelity to enhance the intensity of the battle and deliver this year’s most authentic war experience.
- War is Personal for the Entire Family –Medal of Honor Warfighter goes beyond the battlefield and reveals the heartbreaking side of war, told through the eyes of military families. With a story written by Operators from this community, Medal of Honor Warfighter unveils intimate insights into the sacrifices of the warriors on the ground – and their families.
- National Pride Online with Global Tier 1 – Internationally, allied military forces also possess their own elite units with similar capabilities. With Medal of Honor Warfighter gamers can represent their nation’s Tier 1 Operators on the global battlefield. For the first time, the Medal of Honor brand introduces multi-national Tier 1 blue-vs-blue team play where the world’s best of the best warriors go head-to-head in combat. The game features 12 different Tier 1 units from a variety of nations including the British SAS, Australian SASR, German KSK and Polish GROM.
- One Studio, One Vision – Developed by Danger Close Games in Los Angeles, California, Medal of Honor Warfighter sees the return of key development leads who helped reboot the multi-platinum hit in 2010. The core team is bolstered by industry veterans who hail from DICE, Treyarch and more. Together, this team is united behind a single vision for the game – authenticity, respect and honor for today’s warfighters, with real emotion, real threats and a game designed to highlight the extraordinary nature of the material.
More articles about Medal of Honor: Warfighter