It has been ten years since the Raccoon City incident and the President of the United States has decided to reveal the truth behind what took place in the belief that it will curb the current resurgence in bioterrorist activity. Due to be by the President’s side is his personal friend and Raccoon City survivor, Leon S. Kennedy, but when the venue suffers a bioterrorist attack, Leon is forced to face a President transformed beyond recognition and make his hardest ever decision. At the same time, Bioterrorism Security Assessment Alliance member Chris Redfield arrives in China, itself under threat of a bioterrorist attack. With no country safe from these attacks and the ensuing outbreaks, the entire world’s population is united by a common fear that there is no hope left.
In a first for the franchise, Resident Evil 6 sees series favorites Leon and Chris come together to face this unprecedented threat. They will be joined by new characters, each with their own unique perspective and involvement, in this relentless dramatic horror experience enacted on a global scale.
It has already been revealed that Chris Redfield heads to China during the course of the game but we can now confirm that the main location in China will be a fictitious coastal town called Lanshiang.
Resident Evil 6 features three distinct, yet interwoven story threads, each with their own pair of protagonists for either solo or co-op play, both offline and online. Leon S. Kennedy is paired with US government agent Helena Harper, while Chris Redfield teams up with fellow BSAA member Piers Nivans. Finally, gun for hire and son of the infamous Albert Wesker, Jake Muller, is joined by Sherry Birkin, the daughter of former key Umbrella scientists, William and Annette. All six must face a new horror - the highly virulent C-virus that has been unleashed on an unsuspecting and unprepared world, creating new and deadly transformations.
Resident Evil.Net Features:
- Comprehensive stat tracking
- Enemies killed
- Weapons used
- Medals earned
- And more
- Compare your game with those of friends and other Resident Evil 6 players around the world
- Link your status with Twitter & Facebook
- Share your latest achievements with friends
- Receive alerts when your high score has been beaten
- Free Smartphone App to launch alongside the service
- Will support iOS, Android and Windows devices
- Earn RE.Net points just by connecting to the service or entering events
- Exchange points for cool items including additional Mercenaries costumes or figures to place in your very own Resident Evil diorama
- Compete in regular organised events such as:
- Join fellow gamers to defeat a set number of enemies
- Aim for a high score in Mercenaries Mode
- Champion Belt events
- Compete in these special events to win the ultimate accolade, the Championâ€™s Belt
- Can only be held by one player at any time
- Players will need to defend their title or watch it fall to another player
The free Resident Evil.Net service will be available when Resident Evil 6 launches.
- Global horror – No longer confined to a specific location, the outbreak of the C-virus is worldwide; the game action takes place in North America, Eastern Europe and China
- Multiple characters and intertwined plots – Play as Leon S. Kennedy, BSAA member Chris Redfield, and son of Albert Wesker, Jake Muller; with their respective partners U.S. government agent Helena Harper, BSAA member Piers Nivans and Sherry Birkin
- The action also crosses paths – At significant points when the narrative draws two characters together, the Crossover mechanic allows up to four players to experience the horror together online
- Solo or co-op – Both single- and two-player co-op gameplay either offline or online
- New challenges – Confront the results of the C-virus in all its deadly forms; zombies return but can now run, jump at players and use weapons; enemies known as J'avo can regenerate when injured and mutate affected body parts into different forms, so players will have to rethink and adapt; the C-virus has also given rise to the Chrysalide, which spawns a host of horrific creatures
- Vehicle-based action – Resident Evil 6 includes sections that feature vehicles such as motorbikes, cars and snowmobiles
- Mercenaries returns - Players can again enjoy the popular Mercenaries Mode
- Redesigned control system – Resident Evil 6 allows players to shoot while moving, slide, roll in any direction and take cover
- Localized voice-over – Includes fully localized voice-overs in English, French, German, Italian and Spanish as well as subtitles in Brazilian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese and Russian.
More articles about Resident Evil 6