“Their Finest Hour” is the third expansion for Hearts of Iron III, and comes three years after the original game's release – further evidence of Paradox's commitment to building and growing their games well after the launch period, adding features and ideas requested by their active and involved international online community.
Spies! Leaders! Naval landings! Do you want the chance to lead your nation through World War II, the largest conflict in world history, before anyone else? Then enter this contest for 10 exclusive beta spots in Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour and take command! Winners will also receive the complete Hearts of Iron pack (II, III and expansions) or a game of their choice from Paradox Development Studio..
Detailed espionage will let players green-light covert operations, while their military commanders will gain traits and, with them, personalities. Naval landings can now be planned with specialized assault craft. But this is just the start - we've also got new elite units for each nation (Rangers! Gurkhas!) Plus, a new game mode letting players start with a clean slate and drop straight into the business of producing units and technology. Simulations are great and all, but we appreciate that sometimes, you just want to run a war.
- Describe your best moment from any game or expansion in the Hearts of Iron series and explain why this moment has left a strong impression on your heart of iron. Feel free to include screenshots from your play session!
- Post your testimonial for Hearts of Iron as a new post in the AAR forums
- And post a link to your AAR in this tread!
Deadline to enter the contest is August 30th.
- Expanded espionage system with new and reworked missions, including new covert operations that can be performed on the map.
- New 'battle plans' mode where you can load historical plans, or draw your own and share with your allies in real-time in multiplayer games.
- New unique elite units for each major nation's army - Gurkhas, Rangers, Imperial Guards etc.
- Deeper naval invasions system including the development of specialized landing and assault crafts to improve the effectiveness of your assault.
- More detailed control over strategic warfare and a generalized lend-lease system to support your distant allies with your industrial might.
- Leaders are now able to gain traits, and assigning them to duty is more important than ever with the new combat tactics system for battles.
- A new custom game mode for both single and multiplayer. You start with a clean slate and can instantly produce units, research technologies and affect political alignment before the game begins. This allows you to model interesting 'what-if' scenarios and speeds up the early years for those who would like to jump straight into the action with no slow build-up.
- Two new detailed battle scenarios, the Russo-Finnish Winter War and the Spanish Civil War
More articles about Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour