With Physics You Can Feel, Madden NFL 13 delivers Next Generation gameplay today. Powered by the all-new Infinity Engine, true player impact and authentic momentum transfer ensure that no two plays ever look or feel the same. Madden NFL 13 revolutionizes the way sports video game career modes are played with Connected Careers - a completely new and fully connected universe defined by deep gameplay, unique storylines and social integration. With cutting-edge Infinity Engine technology, revolutionary Connected Careers and a complete audio and visual overhaul that delivers best in class presentation, Madden NFL 13 is undoubtedly the greatest entry in the franchise's celebrated history.
The Chicago Bears and New England Patriots won their respective divisions and took home the overall number one seeds in the playoffs according to the Madden NFL 13 Season Simulation, powered by EA SPORTS Arena. The Patriots followed up last year’s Super Bowl appearance with a dominant season, securing a 12-4 record on the arm of NFL MVP Tom Brady. Brady delighted fantasy football owners everywhere by tossing a record-tying 50 touchdown passes against only 8 interceptions.
The Bears matched the Patriots’ record, also going 12-4 to win a tightly contested NFC North. Chicago needed every win they could muster, as the Green Bay Packers also ended the season at 12-4, but with the Bears holding an edge in the tiebreakers the Packers were relegated to the 5th seed in the playoffs.
The two surprise playoff teams in the AFC were the Kansas City Chiefs (11-5) and Buffalo Bills (10-6), both ending long playoff droughts. The Chiefs were a particular shock, winning the AFC West with a record of 11-5 and earning Romeo Crennel Coach of the Year Honors.
The NFC experienced near total upheaval, with new champions in three of four divisions. The Atlanta Falcons (11-5) and Philadelphia Eagles (10-6) joined the Bears as new divisional winners, while only the San Francisco 49ers (11-5) were able to repeat amidst weak competition in the NFC West. In bombshell news, last year’s Super Bowl champion New York Giants didn’t even reach the postseason, finishing a disappointing 8-8.
Though the rebuilding Indianapolis Colts (4-12) had a tough season, fans were able to take solace in the fact that rookie quarterback and number one overall draft pick Andrew Luck took home Offensive Rookie of the Year honors. Luck managed to outduel fellow highly-touted rookie Robert Griffin III, finishing the season with 4,170 yards, 32 touchdowns and 20 interceptions. On the defensive side of things, Baltimore Ravens linebacker Courtney Upshaw was able to step into an already intimidating unit and cause enough havoc to be named Defensive Rookie of the Year.
Other award winners include Detroit Lions wide receiver and Madden NFL 13 cover athlete Calvin Johnson, Jr. as Offensive Player of the Year (97 receptions for 1,572 yards and 16 touchdowns), and DeMarcus Ware of the Dallas Cowboys as Defensive Player of the Year (18 sacks).
NFL 2012 Season Awards (as simulated by Madden NFL 13):
- NFL MVP – Tom Brady, New England Patriots
- Offensive Player of the Year – Calvin Johnson, Jr., Detroit Lions
- Defensive Player of the Year – DeMarcus Ware, Dallas Cowboys
- Offensive Rookie of the Year – Andrew Luck, Indianapolis Colts
- Defensive Rookie of the Year – Courtney Upshaw, Baltimore Ravens
- Coach of the Year – Romeo Crennel, Kansas City Chiefs
Top Ten Offensive Performers
Calvin Johnson, Jr.
Top Defensive Performers
2012 NFL Playoff Seeding
1. Chicago Bears (12-4)
2. San Francisco 49ers (11-5)
3. Atlanta Falcons (11-5)
4. Philadelphia Eagles (10-6)
5. Green Bay Packers (12-4)
6. New Orleans Saints (10-6)
- Madden NFL 13 delivers world-class presentation with an all-new living front end, dynamic in-game transitions, a live ticker, and drastically improved usability. Every game has the feel of a nationally televised broadcast with CBS Sports commentators Jim Nantz and Phil Simms calling the action from the virtual 3D booth.
- With a completely redesigned passing game including a new pass-ready system and improved play action, and the all-new read and react defensive AI system that features the most intelligent pass defense to date, Madden NFL 13 achieves greater realism on the virtual gridiron on both sides of the ball.
- Madden NFL 13 delivers a superb audio experience that faithfully replicates NFL Sundays with CBS' Jim Nantz and Phil Simms calling the action, QB cadences, authentic sound effects and actual on-field player chatter, all provided by NFL Films, and a fully-scored orchestral theme that conveys the emotion and excitement of professional football.
- The all-new Infinity Engine delivers physics based gameplay, with true player impact and authentic momentum transfer that ensures no two plays ever look or feel the same.
- With Connected Careers, Madden NFL 13 will revolutionize the way sports video game career modes are played.
- Madden NFL 13 Ultimate Team is the definitive way to experience virtual card collecting with new content and updates that mirror exciting NFL events throughout the entire year.
- Madden NFL Social is a cross-platform online game that allows for quick bursts of competitive gameplay no matter where you are. It's free to play and will be available on iOS and Facebook.
More articles about Madden NFL 13