With a redesigned spellbook, players will have a broader range of options to build a deadly arsenal of defenses. Investing hard-earned skulls in an enormous new upgrade system will allow players to cater to their favorite methods of burning, grinding, tossing, or dismembering orcs.
Orcs Must Die! 2 begins days after the ending of the original game. With the rifts closed and the magical Order dead, the War Mage finds himself suddenly thrust into a new battle against the mindless orc mob. He has a powerful, if questionable, new companion in the Sorceress, an ex-War Mage responsible for the destruction of the Order.
The Fire & Water Booster Pack features three brand new levels and three new Endless Mode conversions that can be played in single-player or with a friend in co-op. Players who download the pack will also find a new array of traps to help them combat terrifying new elemental enemies.
Hellish new Fire Lords and Fire Elementals crumble when killed, leaving behind dangerous Firelings that will hunt the player down and explode when they get too close! Slippery Water Lords and Water Elementals dwindle into pools of water when killed, but don't count them out of the fight! When Waterlings find dormant puddles, they'll absorb the stagnant water and grow into new Water Elementals!
War Mages will have access to three exciting new traps to add to their arsenal, as well. The Web Spinner is a new wall trap that ensnares hallways full of passing monsters in a sticky tangle of webs, slowing them down to buy precious time. Ceiling Darts turn your fortress into a temple of doom for orcs, dropping from the ceiling to fire deadly darts in every direction. If the orcs make it past your defenses the first time around, you can give them another dose of pain with the new Floor Portal. Place the floor portal anywhere on the ground. Unsuspecting enemies who step on it will be magically teleported back to the beginning of the level!
Fire & Water Booster Pack Features:
- New Levels to Defend - The fight for survival isn't over yet! Battle your way through three exciting new levels in single-player or co-op - Traffic Jammed, Double Decker, and The West Wing.
- New Endless Mode Conversions - Think you've mastered Endless Mode? Think again! The Fire & Water booster pack features three new Endless Mode level conversions to hold your ground on - The Library, Double Decker, and The West Wing.
- Terrifying New Enemies - Prepare for a whole new challenge when you face off against the harrowing new Fire and Water Elementals!
- Exciting New Traps - Add some deadly new defenses to your Spellbook with the Web Spinner, Ceiling Darts, and the Floor Portal!
- New Bonus Skull Definition - Can you hold the invading monsters at bay without traps? Prove your mettle by playing exclusively with weapons and you'll add another bonus skull to the pile at the end of each level.
The Fire & Water booster pack for Orcs Must Die! 2 will be available on Steam for $4.99 on August 29th.
- Co-Op! - Play as the War Mage, the headstrong hero who charges into danger, or play as the more strategic Sorceress who keeps the mob at bay with mind-control and magic.
- Story-based Campaign – Pick up where the original game left off with a brand new story-based campaign that you can play in Single-Player or Co-Op!
- Endless Mode - Play alone or join a friend to put your skills to the test against endless waves of increasingly difficult enemies.
- Over 20 Deadly Enemies - Face a n army of vile new creatures like Earth Elementals, Trolls, and Bile Bats. And they’ve brought all of your favorite trap-fodder from the original Orcs Must Die! along with them!
- More than 50 Traps, Weapons, and Guardians – Choose from an enormous armory of new and classic defenses, including an all new assortment of magical trinkets.
- Massive Upgrade System – With more than 225 persistent trap and weapon upgrades to unlock, you can build an arsenal perfectly suited to your slaying style.
As a special bonus, players who own the original Orcs Must Die! on PC will unlock exclusive content in the sequel.
More articles about Orcs Must Die! 2