Sniper Elite V2 continues to offer gamers the most authentic World War II sniping experience by putting them in the middle of war-torn Berlin amidst the frenzied final battle between German and Russian forces.
With an emphasis on learning to handle the anticipation and pressure of the hunt, players are forced to use skill, patience and cunning to achieve their missions as they find themselves facing life-altering choices.
The celebrated “bullet cam” from Sniper Elite makes its return and will be more gratifying than ever. Skillful shots are rewarded with a slow-motion sequence of the bullet running its full trajectory from barrel to target as well as featuring graphic detail of the effects of the bullet entering and destroying a target.
“Rebellion is very excited to release this multiplayer support for console” said Jason Kingsley, CEO of Rebellion: “We have always believed in supporting and building our games’ communities as best we can. This is in part to say thank you to dedicated gamers for buying our games, and also to say keep an eye out for our next big Sniper Elite announcement!”
Ian Howe, president, 505 Games North America, commented that: “There has been tremendous support for Sniper Elite V2 since we first announced our relationship with Rebellion and it’s really exciting to see that carry on through to release and beyond. As a thank you for that support, we’re very pleased to now be able to offer a full multi-player feature set, free of charge, to all of our fans on Xbox 360 and PS3”
The multi-player DLC will be available later this year and will bring players the opportunity to take on all sniping challengers in “Team Deathmatch”, “Deathmatch”, “Team Distance King” and “Distance King “modes.
- Sniping Simulation - Sniper Elite V2 features detailed sniping simulation with advanced ballistics, taking into account gravity, wind, velocity, bullet penetration, aim stability and more. Guaranteed to provide players with the most realistic simulation of military sharpshooting yet available.
- X-Ray Kill Cam - Amazing “kill cam” technology showcases what really happens when a bullet enters an enemy’s body, allowing players to see hearts and lungs tear, livers burst, bones and teeth shatter and entrails fall out.
- Authenticity – The game features authentic World War II Berlin locations as well as vehicles, weapons such as the Springfield M1903, the Gewehr 43 and the Mosin-Nagant 1891/30 and uniforms modeled after the original versions.
- Use The Environment - The slightest changes in the environment need to be taken into account to move into the perfect position, observe the quarry, take the shot and slip away unnoticed.
- Snipers Choice - Players will often find themselves facing a choice of the perfect shot that leaves them catastrophically exposed or a more difficult route that means they can continue their mission.
- Multiplayer – Details TBD
Sniper Elite V2 has been rated “M” (Mature – blood and gore, intense violence, language – content that may be suitable for persons ages 17 and older) by the ESRB
More articles about Sniper Elite V2