Awakened by the End of Days, Death, the most feared of the legendary Four Horsemen, embarks upon a quest to restore mankind, and redeem his brother’s name. Along the way, the Horseman discovers that there are far worse things than an earthly Apocalypse, and that an ancient grudge may threaten all of Creation . . . Can Death really become mankind’s savior?
This epic journey propels Death through various light and dark realms as he tries to redeem his brother WAR, the horseman who was blamed for prematurely starting the Apocalypse in Darksiders.
Featuring a dramatically larger world, full weapon and armor upgrade systems as well as bigger and more challenging dungeons and vast array of new enemies and bosses, Darksiders II strives to improve on every aspect of the original hit.
The game features a combat arena which will provide the ultimate challenge for Darksiders II players. After completing five of the mode’s 100 unique waves, gamers will be given the option of taking a prize or continuing for another five waves for a chance at even better items. However, if they fall in combat they will leave with nothing. Only the most skilled players will have what it takes to best all 100 waves and claim the greatest prizes.
In addition to this mode, Darksiders II will feature a New Game+ mode which will allow players to carry over their Death for a new game retaining all of their skills and equipment.
Jim Huntley, Vice President of Global Brand Marketing commented: “The Arena Challenge Mode and the New Game+ function are the perfect way to continue building the ultimate Death even after finishing the main game. This upgraded and customized character can then be carried over into the upcoming DLC campaign missions.”
- Play Death – Become the most feared of the legendary Four Horsemen, able to destroy entire worlds and battle forces beyond Heaven or Hell.
- Epic Universe – Unlike anything the player has seen before, delivered in the unique style of Joe Mad.
- Player Choice & Customization – Thousands of weapon and armor items, three diverse specialisations, along with customizable Harbinger & Necromancer Skill Trees allow players to create their own Death.
- Replay-ability – Side quests, vast open world, endless equipment combinations, Skill Tree customization and leveling system offer compelling reasons to play through Darksiders II again and again.
- Traversal – Death is a nimble and agile character capable of incredible acrobatic feats allowing the player to explore the world like never before..
The Wii U version of Darksiders II will take advantage of Nintendo’s innovative new hardware with implemented functionality for the revolutionary controller.
More articles about Darksiders II