It has been ten years since the Raccoon City incident and the President of the United States has decided to reveal the truth behind what took place in the belief that it will curb the current resurgence in bioterrorist activity. Due to be by the President’s side is his personal friend and Raccoon City survivor, Leon S. Kennedy, but when the venue suffers a bioterrorist attack, Leon is forced to face a President transformed beyond recognition and make his hardest ever decision. At the same time, Bioterrorism Security Assessment Alliance member Chris Redfield arrives in China, itself under threat of a bioterrorist attack. With no country safe from these attacks and the ensuing outbreaks, the entire world’s population is united by a common fear that there is no hope left.
In a first for the franchise, Resident Evil 6 sees series favorites Leon and Chris come together to face this unprecedented threat. They will be joined by new characters, each with their own unique perspective and involvement, in this relentless dramatic horror experience enacted on a global scale.
It has already been revealed that Chris Redfield heads to China during the course of the game but we can now confirm that the main location in China will be a fictitious coastal town called Lanshiang.
Resident Evil 6 features three distinct, yet interwoven story threads, each with their own pair of protagonists for either solo or co-op play, both offline and online. Leon S. Kennedy is paired with US government agent Helena Harper, while Chris Redfield teams up with fellow BSAA member Piers Nivans. Finally, gun for hire and son of the infamous Albert Wesker, Jake Muller, is joined by Sherry Birkin, the daughter of former key Umbrella scientists, William and Annette. All six must face a new horror - the highly virulent C-virus that has been unleashed on an unsuspecting and unprepared world, creating new and deadly transformations.
For those who want to experience the action as a zombie, J’avo or other C-virus mutation then the all new online mode Agent Hunt delivers. As a ‘hunter’ players will be able to infiltrate other players’ sessions with the aim of eliminating the human characters. As a hunter, players will have access to the unique movements and attacks of each of the enemies, including those of the various J’avo transformations.
So how does Agent Hunt Mode work?
- Complete the main campaigns for either Leon, Chris or Jake to then unlock the Agent Hunt stages for each of those respective campaigns
- When creating an RE6 gameplay session a player has the option to allow/not allow Agent Hunt
- When a hunter searches for a session to join they will see whether or not other players from around the world want to allow hunters into their game
- The hunter then picks another player’s session to join and jumps into that session
- Please note only certain stages will be available for Agent Hunt sessions
- The agent side can be either a single human player with an AI partner, or two human players in co-op mode. Up to two separate hunters can join an Agent Hunt session. When a hunter dies they respawn in the same session as a different random enemy from that area.
- If the hunter eliminates the agent then they will be taken to a ‘hunt successful’ results screen where they can join another session if they wish.
- If the agent is eliminated then their game session will end exactly as if they had been playing a standard game session with CPU enemies.
- If the hunter quits the session then the agent’s game continues as normal with all AI enemies
- Global horror – No longer confined to a specific location, the outbreak of the C-virus is worldwide; the game action takes place in North America, Eastern Europe and China
- Multiple characters and intertwined plots – Play as Leon S. Kennedy, BSAA member Chris Redfield, and son of Albert Wesker, Jake Muller; with their respective partners U.S. government agent Helena Harper, BSAA member Piers Nivans and Sherry Birkin
- The action also crosses paths – At significant points when the narrative draws two characters together, the Crossover mechanic allows up to four players to experience the horror together online
- Solo or co-op – Both single- and two-player co-op gameplay either offline or online
- New challenges – Confront the results of the C-virus in all its deadly forms; zombies return but can now run, jump at players and use weapons; enemies known as J'avo can regenerate when injured and mutate affected body parts into different forms, so players will have to rethink and adapt; the C-virus has also given rise to the Chrysalide, which spawns a host of horrific creatures
- Vehicle-based action – Resident Evil 6 includes sections that feature vehicles such as motorbikes, cars and snowmobiles
- Mercenaries returns - Players can again enjoy the popular Mercenaries Mode
- Redesigned control system – Resident Evil 6 allows players to shoot while moving, slide, roll in any direction and take cover
- Localized voice-over – Includes fully localized voice-overs in English, French, German, Italian and Spanish as well as subtitles in Brazilian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese and Russian.
More articles about Resident Evil 6