By purchasing a PlayStation Plus membership on PSN Store, Vita owners will be able to play free games, receive discounts for select titles, and enjoy other benefits to the service.
A variety of convenient PlayStation Plus subscription options will be available in each country and region, including a 30 day plan (Japan: 500 yen, Asia: HK $38), a 90 day plan (North America: $17.99, Europe: €14.99) and a 365 day plan (Japan: 5,000 yen, Asia: HK$233, North America: $49.99, Europe: €49.99), meeting the different gaming needs of PS Vita owners.
PS3 owners with existing PlayStation Plus memberships, as well as first time members through PS Vita, will be able to enjoy PlayStation Plus features and services on both PS3 and PS Vita systems at no extra cost.
PlayStation Plus features and services for PS Vita include:
- Games: Members will be able to play the full versions of designated content for PS Vita available on PlayStation Store as long as membership is effective, at no extra cost. The lineup of games that will be offered and other details will be announced at a later date.
- Discounts: Members will have access to exclusive discounts on designated content for PS Vita.
- Online Game Save: Members will automatically or manually be able to upload game save data files for compatible games to Online Game Save Storage with 1GB of space on the PlayStation Network.
- Automatic content downloads and updates: PS Vita will automatically download designated game demos and game updates, and also download system software updates*4. PS Vita will automatically start up to download content and will enter standby mode after the download has completed.
- Automatic Trophy sync: PS Vita will automatically start up at a designated time to sync Trophy information with PlayStation Network servers.
PlayStation Plus will become available for PlayStation Vita in November 2012.
More articles about PS Vita