Play with the change of seasons! With The Sims 3 Seasons Expansion Pack, you can let your Sims swim in the ocean on a hot summer day, bob for apples in the autumn leaves, test their snowboarding skill on the half pipe or welcome spring showers with a walk in the rain and a colorful umbrella. All-new activities, like soccer, and big seasonal festivals and celebrations bring the spirit of each season to life. Your Sims can pucker up at the kissing booth at the spring festival or see what Halloween surprises await in the haunted house. Dress for the weather with seasonal fashions ranging from raincoats to snow gear. With new foods, décor and weather effects, your Sims can enjoy the bounty and beauty of the ever-changing seasons and play with life like never before!
“The Sims 3 Seasons offers players not only the opportunity to interact with weather, but also the ability to really get into the mood of each season and tell meaningful stories with their Sims,” said Ryan Vaughan, Producer, The Sims. “Since the launch of The Sims 3, Seasons has been one of the most highly-requested themes by our players. The seasonal changes in this game offer incredible realism, simulating nature in a way that is unprecedented for The Sims.”
Players can take their Sims for a swim in the ocean, exploring a previously unreachable part of the world as they cool down on a hot summer day or take the polar bear plunge by venturing into wintry waters. Sims can also build skills by scoring a winning goal during a soccer shoot-out or catching some air on the half pipe during a snowboarding session. Whether taking a plunge from the diving board, setting off dazzling fireworks, carving a jack-o’-lantern or building an intimate igloo, players will find an abundance of activities to keep them engaged throughout the year.
Players will revel in the spirit of each season with unique seasonal celebrations and events that bring Sims together. Sims can snuggle up with their crush and get crowned the king or queen of the spring dance, visit the face-painting booth at the summer festival, bob for apples beside a pumpkin patch at the fall festival or head to the snowball fight arena for an epic wintertime battle. The Sims 3 Seasons also introduces new food, fashions and décor items such as French fries, a tanning booth, mistletoe, umbrellas, snow boots and wetsuits, further enhancing the experience and fun of each season.
In The Sims 3 Seasons, transformative weather effects will capture the beauty and power of nature, from blooming flowers and fresh spring rain to changing autumn leaves and snowstorms that will turn the world into a winter wonderland. Sims will react to the changes in climate and weather in surprising and hilarious ways, whether getting a zebra-striped tan, catching a cold or getting struck by lightning.
Pre-order The Sims 3 Seasons Limited Edition and receive the exclusive Ice Lounge community lot. This sleek and elegant social club can be placed in any world from The Sims 3 and is available in all seasons. It is a great place for your Sims to chill on a hot day or get out of the winter wind. The venue includes new ice objects that can be placed on any lot to make your Sims’ lives just a bit cooler.
- Delight your Sims with new activities for every season: Whether building an intimate igloo, carving a scary Jack o’ lantern, taking a plunge off the diving board or setting off all-new fireworks, your Sim can always find new things to do throughout the year.
- Join the fun with seasonal festivals: Sims can get in a snowball fight at the annual winter festival, get their faces painted at the summer festival, whoop it up at the spring dance or bob for apples during the fall festival.
- Experience the joy and challenge of changing weather: New weather effects and Sim reactions capture the power and beauty of nature! Sims can get a tan, be struck by lightning or catch a cold!
- Bring the outdoors inside: Your Sim can now learn the recipe for pumpkin pie or style their home with new furniture and décor. There are a host of new items to ring in each season. Get a tanning booth in time for summer or ring in the holiday spirit with house lights and decorations.
- Dress for the weather: Outfit your Sim in new styles for the season, including snow gear, wetsuits, raincoats, umbrellas and new Halloween costumes!
- Welcome mysterious visitors: New weather patterns aren’t the only things appearing in the sky! Befriend an alien visitor and use their UFO to abduct a neighbor, invade a community lot or travel to the stars.
- Relax in style in the Limited Edition Ice Lounge: Let your Sims entertain in style with the elegant ice bar, bar stool and pub table. Items like the ice dining chair, dining, table, coffee table, sofa and loveseat can add distinctive style to any room in your Sims’ home. The ice lounge also includes architectural elements to add a subtle touch of style to your Sims’ buildings.
More articles about The Sims 3: Seasons