Dead Space 3 cuts to the heart of deep space terror with award-winning suspense, horror, action and audio. Slated for release in the dead of winter, players will embark on a thrilling ride through space that takes them to a hostile new planet, Tau Volantis. There, they must battle violent, subzero conditions and deadly, highly-evolved enemies including new Necromorphs, gigantic boss creatures and – for the first time in the series – a faction of Unitologist soldiers on a misguided mission.
Fortunately, they are not alone this time around. Players can choose to team-up with a friend anytime in Dead Space 3 with the fully integrated drop-in/drop-out co-op feature. Players that choose to take down the terror together will experience additional story details and gameplay mechanics only found when playing as the co-op character, Carver.
With an all-new ice planet, drop-in/drop-out co-op, and exhilarating action, Dead Space 3 will re-set the bar for epic thrills when it's released.
In partnership with Treehouse Brand Stores, the Dead Space 3 development team at Visceral Games has assembled an insider look for fans into the clues, art and inspiration behind the game. The Dead Space 3 Dev Team Edition delivers exclusive merchandise and is available for presale (limited to 5000 individually numbered copies) with the game for $160 (North America only) or without for $100 right here.
Gamers that want to take down the terror before the game launches can do so by playing the Dead Space 3 downloadable demo starting January 22 on Xbox Live and January 23 on the PlayStation Network.
“We’re super excited to team-up with Treehouse and make something extra special for gamers that have been supporting us since the first Dead Space game,” says Steve Papoutsis, VP and GM of Visceral Games. “We, as a development team, really wanted to put our personal touch on these exclusive items so that they feel authentic and meaningful to our passionate fan base.”
Dead Space 3 Dev Team Edition includes:
- Dead Space 3 Limited Edition (North America only): Includes the “First Contact” and “Witness the Truth” packs.
- Tin Collector’s Case: Measuring nearly 14”x9,” this case is covered with mysteries and trivia from all three Dead Space games, debossed with full color art based on the designs from Ben Wanat (Creative Director for Dead Space 3) and Dino Ignacio (UI Designer for Dead Space 3).
- Serrano’s Journal: Dr. Earl Serrano’s journal full of clues and haunting artwork of his findings on Tau Volantis has come to life with exclusive content by Chuck Beaver (Story Producer on Dead Space 3).
- Art Book: A 4.75”x6.5” hardbound book containing 96 stunning full color pages, plus exclusive material from the Dead Space art department headed by Alex Muscat (Art Director for Dead Space 3).
- Flip Book “Data Pad:” A 10”x7” book with a metal cover that contains 9 image sets made with clear PET cover sheets over heavy-weight cardstock. The flip book was designed by Dino Ignacio to be a functional prop version of the Dead Space User Interface in the game.
- Marker Statue: A 8” hand-sculpted, custom-molded polyresin statue that’s coated in metallic paints to replicate the maddening glyphs of the Black Marker.
- Med-Pack: The med-pack in the game has been recreated as a 14 oz. PET water bottle, perfect for carrying your beverage of choice.
- Poster Pack: A set of three 5”x10” single-sided posters replicating the nostalgic posters found throughout Dead Space 3 that depict an older age of space travel.
- Postcard Set: A set of six 3.75”x6” Peng themed postcards, double-sided with art on the front and Dead Space-branded postcard information on the back.
More articles about Dead Space 3