Play as Saito, Hijikata or the four other main characters from the Hakuoki series in an alternate storyline and change the fate of the Shinsengumi, or relive the events of Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom. Unlock two characters for use in free play, and use special attacks and deadly strikes to plow through hordes of enemies.
After 260 years of samurai rule, the shogunate’s hold on the country began to weaken as men ostensibly loyal to the emperor began to sow chaos and dissent throughout the nation. The Shinsengumi was formed to combat this rising tide of violence, and to protect the shogun and the people from dangerous ronin.
As the country inches close to all-out war, Chizuru travels to Kyoto to find her missing father. She encounters both danger and the Shinsengumi, in quick succession. After learning that the Shinsengumi are also looking for her father, Chizuru goes under their protection. However, they soon find themselves in the midst of political intrigue, supernatural power struggles, and much more as they search desperately for the answer they need.
For those who pre-order the retail version of Hakuoki: Warriors of the Shinsengumi, Amazon will be offering an exclusive 22” bandana showcasing your favorite warriors. Featuring all eight playable Hakuoki warriors, this 22” bandana can be framed, used as a traditional furoshiki (Japanese cloth bag), worn, or you can decorate your purse (or man bag) with it!
- Two Major Storylines – Play through Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom with each of six playable characters in “Shinsengumi Memorial,” or change history in “Shinsengumi Chronicle”!
- Shinsengumi Chronicle – Change history as any one of the six main characters in. Play in an alternate universe where you control the fate of the Shinsengumi!
- Shinsengumi Memorial – Step into the shoes of your favorite samurai and play through battles from Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom. Join in on the action as you battle your way through Kyoto!
- Skirmish Mode – Replay past battles to add some more kills or level up your character to be more deadly. Unlock two addition characters in this mode and duke it out on your favorite stages.
- Fury Mode – When a character’s life is spent, he will enter Fury Mode, unleashing a ferocious killing machine, able to tear down anyone that gets in his way. However, becoming a fury too many times can unlock a particularly bad ending.
- A Special Character Guide with Artwork – Each retail copy of Hakuoki: Warriors of the Shinsengumi comes with an exclusive character guide featuring all eight playable characters from the game. Learn about each of these legendary warriors, and see them in their traditional Shinsengumi outfits and Western attire in this 16-page, full color digest!
More articles about Hakuoki: Warriors of the Shinsengumi