Race, chase and explore your way to become the Most Wanted. Criterion Games is reimagining the Need for Speed franchise’s fan favorite and bestselling game, Need for SpeedTM Most Wanted. Designed for a new, more connected generation of racing fans, Need for Speed Most Wanted offers players an expansive open world packed with exhilarating action where they can choose their own path to become the Most Wanted . Players will have the freedom to drive anywhere, discover hidden gameplay, take down rivals, challenge friends or just hang out and toy with the cops. Everything they do counts towards the end goal of becoming the #1 on their personal Most Wanted list.
Utilizing three unique features of the Wii U GamePad controller and including bonus content, the Wii U game makes the race to become Most Wanted more fun and social than ever before. Firstly, introducing an all new local co-op mode, Co-Driver, one player drives using the Wii Remote controller or Wii U Pro Controller, and another player uses the Wii U GamePad to provide control and navigation assistance on a fully interactive real-time map. Using just their fingertips, a partner can distract pursuing cops, switch from night to day or activate enhanced performance for any car and even control the amount of traffic on the road. This is the ultimate advantage for gamers who like to stir up trouble for the cops, their friends or just for fun.
For another competitive edge, players can change their mods, switch into their favorite cars, track milestones and uncover the city’s hidden gems, all on the fly with the Wii U touch screen, ensuring nothing ever slows them down.
The entire game is playable off-screen using the Wii U GamePad, so gamers never have to put the game down.
Need for Speed Most Wanted on Wii U also includes the Ultimate Speed Pack, so players can take to the streets five of the sickest, most ludicrously fast cars ever made: McLaren’s F1 LM, Lamborghini’s minimalist artwork, the Aventador J, the track-focused Pagani Zonda R, Bugatti’s reigning world speed champion, the Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport Vitesse and Hennessey’s savage 275 mile-an-hour ragtop beast, the Venom GT Spyder.
- Race without Rules. The only rule in Most Wanted is to race without rules. There’s a start and a finish to every race – but how the player races, where and when they choose to compete, and the skills they choose to compete with – are all up to the player.
- Freedom in an Open World. From the moment the game starts, the entire world is open and ready to explore as gamers race to become the Most Wanted. The exciting open world gives players the freedom to explore more than just the road - drive above street level and jump in, out or over other building and objects. The world opens up and challenges players to test their racing skills, awareness of the terrain, knowledge of the world and mastery of weapons to take down their rivals.
- Epic Cop Chases at the Heart of the Competit io n. As soon as a player is spotted speeding, crashing or driving dangerously anywhere in Fairhaven City, cops are alerted and the heat is on! Heat on the player will increase the longer a chase continues, escalating faster if the player disables or destroys police vehicles.
- Competition Anytime, Anywhere. With Autolog 2, the next evolution of the ground-breaking, friend-connecting Autolog technology, players can once again recommend gameplay challenges across a their social network, but this time within both single player and multiplayer gameplay. Everything the player does earns Speed Points that will take them up the Most Wanted list – from competing for best race times and racing for the highest scores in a pursuit, to grabbing the fastest time and more. Autolog powers the player’s way to the top by automatically populating the map with challenges, helping locate friends in-game, and tracking progress and accomplishments – both offline and online. If there’s something to do, there’s someone to beat.
- Continuous Multiplayer Action. No menus. No lobbies. No restrictions. Most Wanted introduces a new style of nonstop multiplayer action that continually serves up rewards and challenges so gamers are constantly one-upping their friends. Whether it’s competing for the best starting position, the ultimate jump, or finishing first place, with the introduction of the new PlayList system, Most Wanted serves up constant gameplay and robust challenges to ensure fun, friendly, non-stop competition.
More articles about Need for Speed: Most Wanted