Players will take on the roles of the cast of Dead or Alive fighters in an intense, action-packed brawler set in visually striking locations from around the world, with each stage featuring backdrops that change and interact with players. With a sensual yet realistic style, characters are rendered in incredibly lifelike detail. New touch controls bring a completely new experience to fighting games. Simple taps, swipes, and pinches on your opponent trigger a variety of devastating moves.
Dead or Alive 5 Plus will feature cross-platform matches and shared saved data and in-game purchases, today revealed this process and functionality in more detail. The developer is finalizing its strategy to give players a seamless Dead or Alive 5 experience across console and handheld platforms while delivering maximum value.
- Hardware icons will appear next to player names in cross-platform battles to indicate whether they are playing on PS3 or PS Vita
- Cross-platform battles will run at 60fps on both platforms so there will be no lag or slowdown even when playing on different devices
- All characters that have been unlocked on PS3 can be used on PS Vita—and vice versa
- In-game rankings will show whether players are on PS Vita or PS3
- Using the PS Store, DLC purchases will be shared across both platforms so players can pay a single price while getting dual platform use
- Over 100 costumes have been delivered to date as DLC, and the cross-platform transfer allows players to preserve their collection while getting new gameplay options with DEAD OR ALIVE 5 PLUS on PS Vita
Cross-Platform Game Saves And Unlocked Content
- Saved games on PS Vita or PS3 can be used on the other platform, so gamers can play on the go and then bring their progress back to the console (or vice versa)
- All unlocked content on one platform is available on the other platform; for instance, Tina’s Legend Swimsuit earned by completing Legend mode in Arcade mode without continuing will be available on PS3 if earned on PS Vita
- Any new stages for DOA5 on PS3, will also be available on Dead or Alive 5 Plus for PS Vita
Using the Vita’s motion sensor, you can even play vertically for a first-person, full-screen view of your opponent. Both novice and expert players will also find even more ways to up their game with new training-focused modes and a new display of advanced frame data that reveals twice the amount of information for each move compared to previous versions. Tournament players will spend hours analyzing the best moves for their fights.
More articles about Dead or Alive 5