A complete re-imagining that takes the best ideas from the first game and takes them to the next level. This time around, you play as a mage who has infiltrated the inner circle of the evil overlord Demonaica in order to gain the power of immortality that he uses to terrorize the land. Now that you too have this power, it's time to lead an uprising, and ultimately try to bring Demonaica and his henchmen back to mortality so that you can be rid of them forever.
Explore to steal power from the overlord and from other evil third parties scattered around the world. Dispatch resistance members to handle various tasks including laying siege, scavenging, recruiting, and constructing. Avoid Demonaica, who directly terrorizes your troops, until you are ready to take him down in single combat. Your immortality came at great personal cost, but it makes you the one last hope of saving the world from the ultimate evil.
The beta for A Valley Without Wind 2 has arrived, and is now available on Steam. Those who purchase the title will receive instant access to the latest beta build, as well as a free copy of the original A Valley Without Wind.
The bundle deal also works the other way around, so anyone who purchases (or has purchased) the first game, gets the sequel for free. On top of all that, the package is 60% off for a limited time during Steam's Holiday Sale. A pretty sweet deal.
Valley 2 can also be pre-ordered directly through the Arcen Store, with the same package deal attached to the purchase.
- Platforming and Turn-Based Strategy Coupled Together – Flip back and forth between your own adventure, and the progress of the resistance you're in charge of.
- Vastly Improved Visuals – Fully redone artwork upgraded from the first title.
- More Tactile Combat – The physics and the style of movement and attacks have also been completely redone from the first title. Spells have mass and can block each another, leading to many interesting tactical situations in the platforming segments.
- New Updates Constantly Arriving – Be part of an active community that is fully involved in shaping the game up to its release! Provide feedback and participate in discussions with both players and developers.
- Randomly Generated World – The ultimate goal may be the same, but how you go about achieving it will differ greatly each and every time through.
- Co-Op Multiplayer – Bring along as many friends as you like on your journey, depending on your connection speed. 2-8 players recommended on most Internet connections; many more on LAN.
More articles about A Valley Without Wind 2